Cool artistic pictures of your gear

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by reasonbass, Dec 15, 2005.

1. I just bought a digital camera. And I was just messing around with it taking pics of my amp. I did a pretty cool shot and took it to photoshop and edited to make it more "artistic" I guess you can say.

Does anyone else do this?
    Here is my pic....
    It think it looks pretty cool.
  2. My fretless Lakland. I was pretty excited when I got it. :)

3. I love that pic, best one ive ever taken, didnt expect it to turn out so well :D

Reasonbass, take the flash off your camera and take a pic when the tubes are all nice n warm :)
  4. OysterBoy

Sep 19, 2004
    Ontario, Canada
    Heavily altered, and resized:

[​IMG] sorry that its pretty small.
  5. I did, but I ran it thru a color filtering program that why it has that "cold like green tint" It sort of looks like something outof the movies Aliens. When I ran it thru the tint, it minimized the glow.

But Ill take one and not filter it, so you can see the the nice tube glow.

Your pic is gorgeous though, as is everyone elses.
    :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
  6. very nice Matt!
    i think i'll take a few shots this weekend, see how they turn out :)

7. If you have Phototshop you can increase the overall colour saturation and get some really colourful pics.
  8. Thanks for the tip. I'm also curious on your avatar pic. How did you do that one? It's awesome if I may say!
  9. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    My FBB

Attached Files:

10. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    friggin cool!
  11. Hey thanks. If you're familiar with Photoshop then what you do is make a mask (or selection) around the body of the bass and seperate it from the rest of the photo. Then you increase the colour saturation of the bass body and desaturate the rest of the photo making it essentially black and white.

I believe Photoshop 4, 5 and later versions all let you do this. Hope that helps. Here's the original shot that I took with my Canon G2 sitting on the floor using the handheld remote. And some more Photoshop fun. :)
  12. Pic with the flash off, unedited.

13. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    winner. That's indie to the max.
  14. These pictures are hanging in my living room above my TV.

1996 Modulus Q6

1997 Fender Jazz 5

This one is a little dusty.. Essex 62 Jazz

Shot of my upright bridge with the pickup