Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cool bass dealer websites

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Basso Gruvitas, Mar 14, 2001.

1. Does anyone have a favorite bass retailer/wholesaler website they like? I am addicted to bassgear.com and harmony central. I have learned so much about the "bass marketplace" by what is posted. Going to manufacture websites is okay, but those are pretty much on auto pilot. You don't see or learn anything new or different. I wanted to see if anyone had some good retailer sites.

bassnw.com is great
    basspalace.com is also great.
    bassworld.net is cool. It's not hugh, but it's got some interesting models.

basscentral.com is like a ghost town. They've had the same instruments featured for about a year and a half! Does anyone REALLY work there, or is it an X-Files website, and the store owners were actually vaporized years ago?

Where do YOU surf?

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  3. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Whew! I've got soooo many bookmarked, but a few are-

timeelect.com (custom amps)
    r2musical.com (Bass boutique)
    bassstuffonline.com
    3rdplanetmusic.com
    ugbm.com (used gear by mail)
    ybafool.com (Strings & Things)
    pikespeakonline.com
    sdheetmusicplus.com
    Maggio Music
    luthiersaccessgroup.com
    mrroadie.com
    allparts.com
    users.erols.com (tubes)
    angelfire.com/tn/briansbasses (high end basses)
    rockboxx.com
    midtown.net (Gardner customs & woods)
    worldmusicweb.com
    gbase.com
    gearsearch.com
    musiciannews.com
    intermusic.com
    Inmusic.com
    bassmatters.nl
    zzounds.com
    First Bass Historic (like a museum; linked to Bass Hall of Fame until the BHF underwent reconstruction)

Not all are strictly retailers, but the ones that aren't provide access to good places to look.

4. Thanks for the reply! I forgot to list thelowend.net, bassalone and Giampietro guitars in my original list. This may take some time to go through.

Does anyone see any not listed here? Don't worry...we all know about marsmusic.com and musiciansfriend.com. How about a COOL website?

5. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany

6. Yeah, and isn't that Fat Girl bass something?

7. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Yo John!!

Bass Central's site is a bit behind at times because they're (well sometimes WE'RE, as I work there part-time...) somewhat understaffed, and have been in the midst of relocating for the past couple months. There's some noise afoot about some moves to make the site more interesting and easily updateable. As it is right now, for BC to update their site requires that the information be sent to our webmaster and then put on the site. Kinda a pain, and a lot of the time things get lost in the transmission.

Trust me, they have PLENTY of basses in stock at all times, cuz I just moved most of 'em around and hung 'em on the wall over the past 2 weeks!

If there's anything you're looking for let 'em know, and they'll be happy to hunt it down for ya. Amps or basses, they'll get it for you.

Great bunch of guys, always looking to help out fellow bassists. Besides, where else can you have Beaver Felton answer your phone call? :D

8. Thanks for the info. It's funny you should mention contacting the dealer. I emailed BC a week ago asking for input and price on a Genz Benz amp and did not hear back. That, plus the website led me to believe that the site (or the store!) was unattended.

Congratulations on the move! I hope that it brings you a lot of success!

John

9. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
  10. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Does anyone know what happened to Bass Centre in LA? Is the one in London the sole survivor? :confused:

11. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    John-

Beaver answers all the e-mail personally, and as of yesterday, he had a backlog of over 100 to get to. I'm sure he'll answer yours ASAP, but if you want quick action, call the shop on the toll-free line:

(800) 545-8813

That you you get instant gratification. Beaver, Grasshopper, or Mark will usually answer your call (we need to find a critter nickname for Mark, dontcha think? ;) ). All of them are very knowledgeable and helpful, they'll do everything they can to get you what you need (as opposed to what they want to sell that month like a MARS or Sam Ash). Give 'em a call!

12. I will second that.....And also send props out to Bernie, who is always running the shop, while Bob goes out to do the shows.........