Cool bass for incubus fans.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by CaM90, Aug 9, 2005.

1. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    IMO that's a waste of a good instrument. Signing it means some crazed fan is going to buy it and let a perfectly good instrument hang on the wall instead of being played. PLUS, it's not even current... they shoulda sanded Dirk's signature off already! :p
  2. basslag13

Apr 16, 2005
    HAHA the only reason they signed a warwick is because of dirk :smug:
  3. Superdave

Apr 20, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    Eh, in my opinion, any band's signatures isn't worth $1,200!
  4. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    I'm with you. How are we to know it's legit anyway?
  5. It's legit... I remember this from a long time ago. It was part of an auction to raise money for some sort of fund. It's not a "new" bass, although it might be in very good, unused condition. I think Dirk Lance's signature can attest to its age.
  6. Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
  7. Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    Dirk's sig alone is worth the $1200!!! Just kidding, I don't even like streamer standards. I wouldn't take that bass even if it were free...
  8. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    is just another Warwick,if they arrive to the Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame maybe the bass can be a real collector item. :cool:
  9. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Besides, a signature ain't worth a thing to me unless I met the person/people and they sign it for me. Buying memoribilia like that is just bunk IMO.
  10. Its legit, i can prove it by showing my signed incubus cd!! haha...that bass is actually an MTV star also, its the bass Dirk uses in the Wish You Were Here film clip. It was auctioned off to raise money for the Make Yourself foundation. I have other pics of it with them all signing it.

11. mlu

Jul 18, 2005
    Houston, Texas
    +1 I think having a sign Cd buy them would be worth paying for, but a Warwick, i think not. Its like paying to have your shirt washed by Tom Hanks for like 200 dollars and then hang it on your wall. when you could have a Mexican (sorry for being stereotypical) who knos what they're doing, and have some use out of it.

Honestly i cant tell at this point if my metaphor made an sence.
  12. Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    My Warwick looks almost exactly like that, sans signatures of course.
  13. If it where signed by metallica i would buy it. Nothing wrong with getting something signed by your favourite band in my opinion, esp not your bass. I mean, i wouldn't get a shadowsky signed or an alembic or any high end bass, but whats wrong with getting a lower end bass signed and stuff. Im not saying Warwick is low end, but its no alembic. If I where an incubus fan, I would buy it.
  14. natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    That is a beautiful bass. I remember a time when a $1200 bass WAS high end. I remember trying to get my parents to blow $300 some dollars on a MIM Fender. It truly is a work of art, and it seems like signing it is more like defacing it.
  15. Hold on a sec - isn't that a rockbass?
    The fretboard looks like wenge, it doesn't have rockbass on the headstock but the it has one of those cheap one piece rockbass bridges.
  16. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I believe its a streamer STD, which came with the 'cheap' one piece bridges.
  17. Well you learn something new every day.
  18. Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    no thats not a rockbass its a real warwick.

But I cant tell if its cheaper streamer standard or stage II. If its a stage II then for 1200 its a steal just to clean up some marker.
  19. no Figjam is right...its a Streamer Std, a real Warwick. It came with the one peice bridge. It was discontinued.