Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cool Bass Players , READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by limp_dan, Aug 10, 2002.

1. limp_dan

limp_dan

Aug 7, 2002
    Australia
    Hey all im thinking about buying the ESP TA-50 buti dont know that much about the bass so i was wondering if sumone could just tell me n e thing useful about it , thanx guys c ya.........

2. thedeepend

thedeepend

Aug 6, 2002
    Windsor, ON
    was anyone else annoyed by the misleading title of this thread or is it just me..? :(

3. right

i sure was too

4. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    I would reply but I am not cool...:( :D

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Technically, I shouldn't even be reading this thread :(

my mommy says i'm cool

6. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I was pretty cool once.... but that was along time ago...

P@

7. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    I have no idea about that bass.

But I bet if you were to list what kind of music you would like to play, what your budget is, and any other details you care to add... people would have many suggestions.

Good luck!

8. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    1. please put a title on your thread that has something to do with the thread. you'll find more relevant responses will be the direct response.

2. i'm curious why you want to buy the instrument if you don't know anything about it? maybe i'm missing something here.

3. listen to gabu - he knows :)

4. there is no ta-50, but if you are talking about the ta-500, then you're also talking about a bass with a list price of over $3500. :rolleyes:

http://www.espguitars.com/html/t_araya_esp.html

i certainly wouldn't pay that much for it. what a rip off.

9. :rolleyes: Jesus Christ, $3500, I could get myself a Carl Thompson for that...

10. LA

LA

Oct 17, 2001
    Michigan
    I read it anyway. Custom ESP basses are in my opinion way too pricey compared to their standard basses. I "custom ordered" one with specs not far above their C-305 and got the instant quote back: over 3500 USD. Ain't gonna happen.

11. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    I really like my C-305 and have been likin' it for a year now. I only think the electronics need an upgrade to some EMG DC40s and a BQS system. The wood is just incredible for this price and for basses a few hundred more.

12. Jarrod

Jarrod

Jan 1, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    hey BigBohn... here's something we can agree on: Family Guy rocks! i dig your Quagmire avatar, heh

13. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    Im too cool to post here

:p

14. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Ah ha, my arch enemy Jarrod, we have finally come to terms. :p Family Guy freakin rules! WOO!!

:D

15. fadlan bassman

fadlan bassman

Oct 23, 2001
    Austin,Tx
    Amen to that brother!!!!

16. fcoda

fcoda

Jan 23, 2002
    Nanuet,NY
    I'm going to be fifty in a few months , I haven't been cool in years.

" this happened once before , no reply "

17. Jarrod

Jarrod

Jan 1, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    YEAH! i've got every single episode on my computer in divx video and watch them constantly, hehe

here's hoping UPN picks it up next season, cause right now its floating in limbo after FOX ditched it, despite the fact that it gets better ratings that some of the shows they're keeping.... ***?

18. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    I'm cool and I'm a bass player -- but I have no idea what the eff you're talking about!

19. I wish I was cool enough to help ya but don't know those basses.. :(

20. StrudelBass

StrudelBass

Jul 6, 2002
    California
    That bass sucks, its not even cool. You wanna talk cool, lets talk B.C. Rich.:rolleyes: