Cool Bass Sounds

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by LimpyBizkit397, Jan 16, 2002.

1. How does the bassist from Jamiroquai make his bass sound like it's almost computer generated? If you listen to "Canned Heat" you can hear it.
  2. It'll be either a bass synth pedal (Boss SYB3, EH microsynth, etc), or an envelope filter (EH Dr Q, DOD Env Filter, etc).
  3. They commonly use synth for the bass parts on the Jamiroquai albums.... So in fact it may be a synth. Live, however, it is played with a bass.

4. A notch filter is really good for creating more precise tones and removing negative parts in your playing. Leading into a synth, like the EH Bass Micro Synth. The EH Bass Micro Synth is one of the best bass synths ever made and has withstood the test of time. But to quote Madsubwoofer all you really need to get cool bass synth sounds is a fuzz (which are; a gated overdriven or distorted signal or a germanium type distortion circuit), octave and an envelope filter. An oscillator may be substituted most times by an optical tremolo with a peak follower.
  5. As long as it's served with milk in a tall glass.
  6. ROLF!
  7. Hey! I am being quoted! :p
    This is the fuzz/ wacko box I use for synth tones....I am sure everyone is sick of hearing me flap my gums about it by now..but it is just so cool (at least I think so!)