Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

cool basslines

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ackduck, Oct 9, 2000.

1. ackduck

ackduck

May 28, 2000
    hey, i know that you guys know lots of cool basslines, so could you tell me some of them? all i need is the song name, i can get th music myself. i just want something that actually sounds like a song. thanks a lot.

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Welcome to the board, Ackduck.

You'll find your qestion more tha adequately answered if you check out the Recordings Forum - also moderated by yours truly...:D

Will C.:cool:

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I like Tom Barney's line in "Gaslighting Abbie" on the "Two Against Nature" album by Steely Dan. How about that ... three prepositional phrases in a row. I give myself a C-.

4. Newman

Newman

Jun 6, 2000
    heres some stuff i learned when i first got my bass. you didnt say if you were a beginner or not so ill assume beginner.

bro hymn tribute (pennywise)

gone away (the offspring)

king nothing (metallica)

the slow bass solo to orion (metallica that was the song that made everyone think i was awsome when i sucked)

my friend of misery (metallica)

a little tiny bit of anesthesia (metallica but i want very good at it)

and i learned a little of crazy fun stuff like la bamba, super mario bros theme, inspector gadget theme, simpsons theme and all that kinda stuff.

5. Hmmm I like:
    chick magnet-mxpx
    bro hymn as stated above.
    Sunshine of love-cream
    smells like teen spirit-nirvana
    longview-greenday

and many more, but those seem like good examples

6. ackduck

ackduck

May 28, 2000
    Thanks a lot newma, those are really good and i dont know most of them. yours a good too drake, except i know all of them except bro hymn, but thanks anyway