Cool, buy a smashed Spector on eBay!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Sanctum, Sep 26, 2002.

1. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Wow. Anyone who bids on that is dumber than me. And that's saying a lot. :)
  2. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    i like to put my bass through windshields it improves palyability. that's the only reason i have a car. but that is such a low reserve for such a famous player! i would start it at $10,000,000.01. what a bargain! i bet it plays better than that john entwistle ibanez p-bass that was up a few weeks ago.... :rolleyes:
  3. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Assuming that she's going to be around 2 months from now, how is this a "collector's item"? In that case, who wants to bid on one of my broken strings? Here's your chance to get in on the ground floor. Better hurry before Sotheby's call!
  4. BillyBishop

Feb 7, 2001

In the video they smash a prs guitar through the window, not the bass
  5. WildBill

Jul 7, 2002
    Keep on rockin the Sk8ter Boi!
    Im gonna go right that on my bass right now.
  6. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    I hate that song.
  7. heh email him and see what he says. I already sent too many emails to the dude, with no responses yet i might add.
  8. I like the pictures. Really... Informative and everything. Is that the player from the video? Interesting.
  9. corinpills

Nov 19, 2000
    Boston, MA
    about a month ago, there was guy on ebay who had a bass signed by Godsmack. I e-mailed and told him that I might be interested in the bass, but only if he could think of a way to get those signatures off. He never replied, strange...
  10. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    THAT WAS ME YOU BUM! ok no it wasn't....:p
  11. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
  12. cheeseman

Feb 3, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I saw that one too. :rolleyes: It's back up.
  13. about I send you a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope...and you stuff as many in there as you can?

Matter of fact...I need to get rid of a bunch of old strings...not really a crazy idea if a TB'er wants some backups (Dead, crappy, unknown gage) What a deal!

And that auction is poo. Someone should tell that guy's mother that he needs to get that bass offa eBay, and do his chores instead of listening to poo music.
  14. alx564

Jul 31, 2000
    Emmaus, PA
    Actually, smashing a bass through a car windshield sends the resale value <b>WAY</B> up. I do it with all my basses.

And how come that guy in the picture doesn't look anything like the idiot in the videos. I'm so misled.

Oh put me down for 5.46 for that string.
  15. alx564

Jul 31, 2000
    Emmaus, PA
    The neck of that Warwick signed by godsmack is made of "wengee"......interesting.
  16. Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    I bet that Warwick is right handed...........sully of Godsmack is of course left handed:D
  17. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    He didn't say the guy actually played it :) just autographed it.
  18. Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    hehe that's right:D
  19. cheeseman

Feb 3, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Isn't Sully the singer? What good is a singer's autograph on a bass? ;)