cool computer keyboard!

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by jasonbraatz, Dec 6, 2002.

1. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA

i got to play one and the keys seemed pretty decent. not roland weighted key nice, but better than my casio. should be great for softsynthy people.

i'm gonna get one when i build the new comp. :D anyone else have one?
  2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    The fact that it's by Creative Labs will probably keep me from buying it.

Also, I guess you'll trigger lots of unwanted notes when you try to type hotkeys on the regular keyboard.

Keep it modular
  3. awesome

Aug 14, 2002
    That looks so not-handy
  4. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    It may work for some, but I have to say that most compromises are just a couple of mediocre products combined into one. It may seem a good idea, but you'll be better off with dedicated units. That piano keyboard is probably not very good, and the computer keyboard will be a pain to use with the piano under your arms. Get separate units and use them side by side or with any makeshift shelf if you want them in that configuration.
  5. punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    awkward, impractical, integrated, wastes space....

Ill have two :rolleyes:
  6. Where do you rest your hands when using the computer keyboard?
  7. Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    In the words of the great Triumph the insult comic dog...."THat is really nice....for me to poop on!".

Yeah creative makes some really not so good stuff. Plus look at the size of the keys, that would be really hard to even play on.
  8. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    the piano keys hide underneath a wrist wrest that slides over the top when you don't need to use them. as a keyboard i'd say it's more comfortable than your average keyboard, and everything seems pretty tight on it.

except for the "fun" button. i have no idea what that does, and probably wouldn't push it for fear that it would cause my computer to catch fire.
  9. BigTed

Jul 1, 2002
    San Diego
    SWEET! Now I wont have to get this:

10. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    LOL! i think that thing would cause my brain to catch fire from looking at it!
  11. Great, like I need more keys to spill stuff on. :D