1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cool Cooking Site

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by StudioStuntz, Feb 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. StudioStuntz

StudioStuntz

Jul 19, 2015
    Tired of the same old meals?

What I like about this site is you can enter your ingredient(s) on hand and it will find corresponding recipes from any and all websites.

You can click their suggested items, add your own in the "My Kitchen" area, or both.

Supercook: recipe search by ingredients you have at home

Killed_by_Death likes this.
  2. Fleebag

Fleebag Quacker!

Sep 7, 2013
    Illinois USA
    Interesting site, I put in rice, ketchup, and bananas hoping for a...um, interesting dish, but no results with all three ingredients came up.
    But I did discover the joys of octopus hot dogs Octopus Hot Dogs Recipe - Food.com
    If you can't make it taste good at least you can make it look good, ok, interesting.

StudioStuntz and twinjet like this.
  3. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    I thought you meant actual Octopus. I'm actually glad it wasn't.

4. twinjet

twinjet Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2008
    Well, that's disappointing. Octopus is good... :(

Neat site, kinda reminds me of the cabinet feature in drink mixing apps. Definitely showing this to my lady.

5. Fleebag

Fleebag Quacker!

Sep 7, 2013
    Illinois USA
    Ha, now that would be interesting !

6. StudioStuntz

StudioStuntz

Jul 19, 2015
    mustard
    A while back I put in beef, onions, tomatoes, bread, mustard, ketchup, and antioxidants.

They somehow confused the latter ingredient with anti-freeze, and was directed to a copy-cat recipe site for a hamburger from a world famous burger chain! ;)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
  7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Nice.

The wife and I have been having fun lately playing a home version of Chopped. Sometimes we'll have another family over to mix it up. Some neat meals have come out of our Chopped nights.

-Mike