Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cool Custom on Ebay

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tufnuts, Sep 22, 2002.

1. Hey all...just found a pretty decent bass on ebay. Moses neck, custom designed...very tasteful!

check it out HERE

[​IMG]

2. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I actually like it.

3. Agreed...it's very inspiring also! Nice grain, etc. If the shipping wouldn't be horrible, I'd really really be considering it. Almost fits what I believe in / want in bass...perfectly.

4. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    dyyyaaaammmmmnnnnnnn.

I really like that bass. I'd love to buy that sucker. It fits my notion of a bass pretty well. If only that pup were a bit closer to the neck, and I had the money.

5. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

The seller is cool to be up-front about the obvious and not so obvious faults.

They all seem to be cosmetic.......plus, how big was the beaver who ate off the ends of the horns?!?!

If it sounded great and the seller would agree to a decent approval period, the cosmetics could be overlooked. The electronics look very good on paper.

I'm just afraid it might sound like an all-mahogany bass - too dark for my taste, (think "Gibson Les Paul"). That maple veneer is awfully thin. But with that Moses neck - ya never know.

It will be interesting to see what the top bid is.

6. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    seems like this guy is completely honest.. and I imagine that bass would be pretty decent to have.. i like it.. except for the horns.. they just don't look right to me..

7. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I'd like it if not for the shape of the headstock. Guess I'll go with the Fender-style when I get my Moses neck.

8. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I like this bass.

9. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    My hanewinckel consist of a 2-peice mahogany body and it has bartolinis. It is acutally one of the brighter basses i've played,-- but it does have a wenge fingerboard.

10. I like it I think it is pretty sweet for a custom. I f I had the money I would get it.:rolleyes:

11. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    That is nice! Somebody snatch that thing up.

12. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I saw it. it had a "buy it now" at $565. I almost went for it but I'm concerned about the shipping charges from Hawaii.

This, however, was the deal of the day. I'm sharing it with you guys because I don't wanna feel mad all by myself.:mad: :p

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=908590764

13. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Man! Someone got a sweet deal on that one! If I were to spec out a Carvin 5, that's almost exactly what I would want. Might go for transparent green instead of crimson, but for that price I wouldn't be picky! That guy lost at least $500 on that sale.