1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cool funk/fusion songs?

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by bassmasta94, Mar 5, 2010.

1. bassmasta94

bassmasta94

Jul 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    Hey guys, my funk/fusion band has a gig coming up on the 26th, were just kinda starting out, were all around the age of 15-17. We are having a three song set (small gig) and we cannot figure out a third song. So far were thinkin about doing James, Just the two of us, and...

We are a four piece band, Drums, bass guitar, Guitar, and Alto Sax. If you've got any cool songs in mind, i would love to here your suggestions
    Thanks,
    -Dean

2. bass12

bass12 Say "Ahhh"...

Jun 8, 2008
    Montreal, Canada
    "Mr. Magic" by Grover Washington Jr.
    "Joyous" by Pleasure (it's a vocal track but it works as an instrumental).
    "Red Baron" or "Stratus" by Billy Cobham

3. bassmasta94

bassmasta94

Jul 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    ha, we already did Mr. Magic, weve got that under our belts we need a few other songs, im gunna check out those other three you suggested and see if their good. Thanks man
    -Dean

4. bass12

bass12 Say "Ahhh"...

Jun 8, 2008
    Montreal, Canada
    Of course they're good! It's just a matter of whether or not you like them... ;)

5. bassmasta94

bassmasta94

Jul 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    haha, yea man, The pleasure tune is a little too old school, but its a great tune. Lookin for a little bit more modern stuff. Like Stratus, ill mention it to the other members, see how they like it. I thought it was a perfect fit.

If anyone else has any suggestions please feel free to recommend. :D

6. How about pick up the pieces by the AWB?

7. bassmasta94

bassmasta94

Jul 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    ha weve got that song in the bag too :D

8. GtenderG

GtenderG

Feb 29, 2008
    hows about Marcus Miller's version of 'Frankenstein'?

9. Stumbo

Stumbo Semi-retired member Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Masks, people, masks!
    You might want to check out the "Bass Styles" link in my sig. below. There's a section on Funk/R&B.

10. Reticle

Reticle

Jul 24, 2009
    Charleston SC
    Dr. John - "In the Right Place"
    The Meters - "Cissy Strut"

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 23, 2020