Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cool gig offer

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Tim Cole, May 2, 2003.

1. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Not a huge deal, but my band got asked to open for Quiet Riot next month. I hear they have their original lineup all together too! I'll try to get some pics with Rudy, especially since I am pretty sure he will end up using my rig (hope he likes SWR).

I know what you're probably thinking, yippie....quiet riot. It's pretty cool to me though, as they were one of my fave bands back in about the 6th grade.

I posted a while ago about a gig with sevendust that didn't pan out, but we have done nationals for this guy before, and he always treats us right. the sevendust deal was supposed to be promoted and booked by a clearchannel station, and the show never even got booked.

Well, I am off to the club to do some PR and get all the details. We are probably going to have to cancel our gig there next weekend due to family problems within the band, I hope that doesn't hurt us.

2. bentem

bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    That sounds like an awesome gig. Where will you be playing?

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    You think they'll borrow you're faux-metal mask as well?

brad cook

4. kick ass, quiet riot rules. although i doubt they have their original lineup, because randy rhoads is quite, quite dead.

5. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Yea DHC, I knew that, but forgot about it. I ought to get myself one of those metal masks for the show lol. We thought about doing some crazy stuff the last time we played with a national there, Ratt. Our bands name is Another Nature, we thought about changing it to "another rodent" for that night......messed around in practice trainwrecking some of their hits....we chickened out on it though.

The date is booked for June 26th, at JR's bar and grill in N. Baltimore, Oh. My band and QR will be the only bands for the night. the area radio station, 104.7 is having a rock night there that night too, which always brings out some gratuitous nudity.....even saw a disappearing act with some ice cubes last time we played one of those events :eek: (I got pictures too) :D

This is going to kick ass.

PS., Cheezwiz, if you got your ears (eyes?) on: Are you guys booked this coming saturday? We're trying to help get our guys through their problems to make our gig there this Saturday, but it's unsure at this point. I may be able to hook you guys up with a paying gig if you're interested. Let me know.

Tim