1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cool gig tomorrow night.

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Wyatt, May 18, 2012.

1. My band is opening a reunion show for the Tex Ritter Band tomorrow night. We are gonna play a couple of originals to kick off the show, then we get to go back and mingle with the other musicians. Barefoot Jerry, a studio musician band that was most active in the early to mid 70's will also be there.

It will be the biggest group of famous people, that I have never heard of, that I have ever been around in my life.

Do I ask for autographs even though I have no idea who these people are? They played on most of the records that were recorded in Nashville during that time.

2. throughthefire

throughthefire

Oct 1, 2010
    Utah
    When I work with people more experienced than me (i.e, most people!), I leave a note with one of their CD's and a Sharpie near their dressing room. Nice, easy and polite.

Pete.

3. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Inactive

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
    Tex Ritter died in the early 70s.

4. Yes he did, but most of his band are still living.