Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cool-leaking cheap semi-hollow

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by craigb, Mar 1, 2004.

1. craigb

craigb G&L churnmeister Supporting Member

Oscar Schmidt semi-hollow ebay auction

hmmm, they've got the pics fairly protected, I can't figure out how to link them into the thread directly

$289 BIN, traditional style, 2 pickups

Looks interesting. Unfortunately there's no mention of it on the Washburn/Oscar Schmidt site. The neck looks pretty skinny.

I'm still casually looking for something like an Epi JC (something that will give me a combination/approximation of my Godin A4 and G&L L2K) with better ergonomics so I can't resist checking out what's available in semi-hollows. Unfortunately I'm worse than broke right now so I'm not pursuing any extra info. But if someone buys one post a review . . .

2. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    What do they "leak"? :D

3. craigb

I guess they leak "cool"

at least that's what I typed :D

dang typos

4. craigb

Warpdrive music is now ebaying these for even less and they respond to email with real information (unlike the first vendor with the earlier ebay auctions):

Width at nut is 1 5/8"
    Scale length is 30"
    Neck shape and size is between a J and P bass

That's not what I'm looking for but thought I'd put it out here since real information was in short supply on these.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...8&category=4713&sspagename=STRK:MEAWA:IT&rd=1