Cool looking guitar

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by leanne, Jun 14, 2003.

1. leanne

May 29, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    I like the way this looks. Just wanted to share that. :)
    (G&L Comanche)

2. sic looking. they have necks that the make, u can get one as a ugrade.they add frets. so u have a fret inbetween the frist fret andd nut and so on. so insteed the frets being 1/2 steps there 1/4 steps. i cant really explain.
  3. Hmmm, that's one strange looking guitar - nice flamed top, though!

My favourite has always been this one, and exactly as shown in this picture:
  4. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    Lookit the headstock on that thing! 70's Fender's are huge I know, but that's like ultra mega huge w00t!
  5. leanne

May 29, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    Cool, that's wacky lookin.
    Is that the jack, way up there????
  6. i think that's a toggle switch(rhythm/treble).
    is the jack on the side of the guitar, perhaps?
  7. The "Deluxe" version of the "Telecaster" was a very obvious attempt of Fender to get Gibson players' interest, and so the placing of the toggle switch, the knobs and the output jack are very similar to the "Les Paul" (So yes, the jack is on the side of the body, below the volume/tone controls). Plus, the instrument has 2 humbucker pick-ups (there's also a version with a single coil at the bridge and a humbucker at the neck).

Personally, I like the big "CBS" headstock more than the smaller versions, but I like the typical "Tele" headstock's shape, too. :)
  8. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    Louisiana, US
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics
    Can anyone who speaks better English elaborate?
  9. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    Sure thing ;)

They have these 'upgrades' where they can put in more frets, between the existing ones. I don't think it goes up in 1/4 steps, I think it goes up by what sounds good. (This is hard to explain) Can't find a link for the life of me. Anyone else?
  10. sorry i was typing that post befor i wet to sleep. i saw the neck in guitar world. iam not sure if g&l still does it. but the people who fretted there necks still make replacement necks. i think its a pretty sic idea.
  11. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Ok I'll have a go this time.......

He typed his post before he wet the bed .... ah never mind..... :)
  12. i cant belive i left it like that.
  13. I came across a G&L "Comanche" a few days ago when I was checking out Wellington's music stores! Nice instrument actually, and it looks a lot better with black pick-ups instead of white ones! ;)
  14. Nails

Jun 4, 2000
    Austin, Tejas
    Also, I think the Tele-Deluxe has a Strat neck instead of the usual Tele neck. They're great guitars, and if I'm not mistaken, they were only made during 71 and 76.
  15. The version with two humbuckers (as shown above) does, but the one with a neck humbucker and the typical Telecaster bridge with a single coil in it (as played by Keith Richards, for example) has a regular Tele headstock.
  16. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    I think this black one is the coolest looking guitar ever myself. :D[​IMG]