Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

cool looking warwick infiniti knock off

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by wotnwhy, Sep 29, 2002.

1. i was just surfin the web when i came across this absolutely beutiful looking bass, at first i thaught it was a warwick infiniti, but it turned out to be a tanglewood, and it costs only 270 uk pounds! my initial thoughts were that it's probably a cheap and very nasty knock off.

i was right about the knock off bit, but this thing looks stunning, and i've played tanglewoods before and they were quite nice

so does anyone have/played one of these? if so please tell me what you think of it

and does anyone know if they make a 5 string version???

l8rz

Tom

2. I dont see the resemblance at all.

3. resemblance :

- they both have 2 pickups, of which one is a jazzpickup, located a the bridge

- they are both semi-hollowbody

- they both have holes in the front

other than that.. beats me :confused:

4. ok, their not as similar as i thaught they were, but if you look at the pic below you can't tell me that tanglewood made up this design on their own, it is obvious they are trying to rip off the warwick infiniti, just like their warrior 1 bass rips off warwicks thumb bass.

and as i asked earlier, any one here played it?

l8rz

Tom

5. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    can you get tanglewoods in the us of a?
    WOW!! that looks great!

steve

6. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    over here i believe they're called corts.

7. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    It IS a pretty nice looking bass. Not too similar to the Infinity, though, I don't think.

8. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    It must be difficult to come up with a body shape that doesn't resemble some other bass a bit (after all there must be a neck, two horns are common, etc), and f-holes have been done on several basses as well. So it might have been inspired by the Warwick, but I don't see it as similar enough to call it a knockoff.

Looks OK, even if I personally for some reason don't like green basses at all.