Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

cool movie/tv show/ video game song covers?

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by nuclearrabbit17, Jul 22, 2004.

1. nuclearrabbit17

nuclearrabbit17 Guest

May 20, 2004
    Anybody got any ideas for cool songs from movies/tv show/ video games? I was thinking of learning zelda, and I already learned the pee wee herman song. Anybody else got any ideas? :help:

2. Either the boss battle theme from Final Fantasy 7 or the theme from cosmo canyon from the same game...really awesome songs. :hyper:

3. Perfect Placebo

Perfect Placebo

Feb 21, 2004
    The underground theme from Super Mario Bros.; it's easy, and it'll impress your friends. Assuming your friends are easily impressed.

Come to think of it, just go to kontek.net/vgjam/. Even though it's all in tab, there's a ton of guitar and bass tabs for video game songs, and there's midis you can listen to if you don't want to use the tabs.

4. Perfect Placebo

Perfect Placebo

Feb 21, 2004
    The Spider-Man themesong is really easy, too.

5. crystal tokyo

crystal tokyo

Jun 11, 2004
    You know what also really cool? The Seinfeld theme song.

6. nuclearrabbit17

nuclearrabbit17 Guest

May 20, 2004
    yeah but the seinfeld theme song is done with a keybord

7. stu FORD

stu FORD

May 22, 2004
    didnt you get the memo?

the seinfeld theme is extremely uncool as of the first time someone asked you to play it

8. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    i play the munsters theme. good stuff and makes people laugh.

9. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    I've heard a cool rendition of the Night Court theme - can't remember who did it though - or was it Barney Miller?

If everybody is really drunk and you have no self respect Ghost Busters might be funny :ninja:

10. Big Red Fish

Big Red Fish

Jun 30, 2004
    The music from the Famous Grouse whisky advert... fantastic! :smug:

11. Big Red Fish

Big Red Fish

Jun 30, 2004
    By the way, Lesforprez... "we were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold...". Nice call!

12. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Ha, me too.

13. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Dragonball Z theme :cool:

14. Brat

Brat

Jun 4, 2004
    NW Indiana.
    I second Conan O'Brien's theme and the music they play for the first level of Donkey Kong Country for SNES.

15. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001

and i just figured out Inspector Gadget. so i am thinking of making a medley out of a bunch of silly TV show theme songs.

now i just have to learn how to do both parts of Linus and Lucy myself...

16. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

:eek: Good luck with that. It's rough. I can't "seperate my brain" and play both parts.

That's why I'm a terrible pianist/drummer.