1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Cool Musicman bass videos with Sterling Ball...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bubbao, May 9, 2006.

1. bubbao

bubbao Bass Products Buyer, Guitar Center

May 9, 2006
  2. cool videos man, thanks alot. interesting to watch.

EDIT - to add to my post. i totally agree with the fig on this one, getting over the bongos looks its a really great bass... and the "active EQ" video is really nice to, shows you really well all about the HH sr5.

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Welcome to the forum, interesting first post.

I just found these vids over on the EBMM forum and am right in the middle of watching em. Shows you how great of a guy Sterling really is, and you get to meet Dudley too.

Everyone should watch the Bongo vid, the part about the harmonics is great. Really shows you how great of an instrument it is.

4. awesome!!! The more I learn about the History and what Music Man is about. The more the reason I was glad I have my Stingray 5.

5. Very cool but they load SLOOOOOOOOOOOW. I have FAST connection too :confused:

6. Nice vids!! Thanks for the link :hyper:

7. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger Commercial User

Sep 22, 2005
    Not Mars
    The Overlord of Nordstrand Pickups
    Cool!

I <3 my Sterling. :)

8. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Try that on your passive bass kids!

9. Fretless5verfan

Fretless5verfan

Jan 17, 2002
    NorCal
    Best quote from any of the vids:D

10. The active eq video was my favorite of what I saw. I really want a HH SR5 now! It's also nice to see/hear Sterling play. I always assumed he was good, but now I know it. I will have to watch the rest of these tomorrow.

11. ras1983

ras1983

Dec 28, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Yeah i saw them on the EBMM forum too.

Sterling seems like a really cool guy, and its awesome that he loves music as much as the rest of us.;)

12. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    Makes me want a Stingray 5!

13. eots

eots

Dec 18, 2004
    Morris, IL.
    Loaded up super slow for me as well. (dsl) I'm more intrigued also about a SR5. As to the harmonics quote, the active electronics on a EB have nothing to do with it. He made it sound as though his engineering had something to do with it.:rollno:

14. Pruitt

Pruitt

Jun 30, 2005
    Danbury, CT
    I just wish they would make a 6er!!! :bawl:

15. SOA_bassist

SOA_bassist Guest

May 10, 2006
    if they made a 6 string bongo id buy it, infact that is the onyl reason why i am not buying a bongo as my next bass, no hi C = not for me lol

16. doogenbomb

doogenbomb

Oct 25, 2004
    Engineering? LOL! Eb cable to an audiophile.

17. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Sterling knows how to sell his product. It is clear that he is into his basses. He is also a nice player. I enjoyed those clips.

18. bovinehost

bovinehost Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    He's not what you'd call an aloof CEO, disconnected from the instruments and only interested in marketing results and the bottom line. And yes, he's a damned good bassist (and guitarist and ukelele-ist, too).

Jack

19. I do that on my passive bass!

20. That was pretty cool. It's nice to know that the guy in charge of one of the world's best bass companies is a good bass player.