"Cool name for a Pub!!"

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Chad Michael, Dec 4, 2002.

1. Memorable Pub, or Club, names...

Places you've played or just happened to notice?

How about this for starters:

"Pour Boys"

(Named after the club owner's 'hairstyle')

Any takers?

2. "A#1 Lucky Dragon Good Fortune Bar (Karaoke on Weekends)".

"The Old Shoehorn"

"101 Beers on Tap"

I liked the last one best for obvious reasons. The 2nd was an absolute dive, and the 1st was.......very Asian to say the least.
  3. There's a place here in town called "The Ass" :eek:

4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    There's a rock club in CT with a bar called "Toad's Place" which I've always liked, and an old Irish pub simply named "John's" that seems very fitting.
  5. I like the restaurant/bar in Ithaca, Ruloff's--it was named after a serial killer who was a self-proclaimed linguistics expert and had the second largest brain ever obtained by science.
  6. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

This is off=off-topic, but I have to share: in Brooklyn, MD there's a hair salon called "The Best Little Hair House in Brooklyn".
  7. My favourite (fictional) pub name is the "Kebab and Calculator" as immortalised in The Young Ones.

There is a chain of pubs in the UK called The something and Firkin. e.g. The Fleece and Firkin. A Firkin is a small barrel used for storing ale. Not especially wonderful pubs, but never mind. The barstaff wear T-Shirts with "I'm a Firkin Bar Steward" on them. "Where are the Firkin toilets?" "They're Firkin over there." SNIGGER. OK, very childish. :D
  8. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

There is a pub in Brighton which my band meets at, to have drink and chat(not play/rehearse) - which literally has no name! There is no sign up outside or any reference to a name inside. So - you have to say - let's meet up at the pub with no name! ;)
  9. moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    There's one in Portsmouth called The Honest Politician. There's another called The One Eyed Dog.
  10. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Is Hooters a club?:cool:
  11. There's quite a few decent pubs in edinburgh and a couple have some alright names. My favourite has to be Filthy McNastys though.

On another note, In Jeffreys Bay, RSA, there's this hair salon that's called 'Curl up and dye'

(I like The Kebab and Calculator and "A#1 Lucky Dragon Good Fortune Bar (Karaoke on Weekends)" btw! Very good names!)
  12. LMAO! :D
  13. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

That's a tune by Horace Silver - I have the music for it!
  14. And one for the swedes:

There is a pub in Stockholm called "Rumpan Bar". It's a quite bad pun...
  15. I always liked 'King Tut's Wah Wah Hut' in Glasgow, and as luck would have it (shameless self promotion coming) the band I'm in are playing there on Jan 12th next year!

Other than that, the Horseshoe bar in glasgow has the longest bar in Europe apparently!
  16. Hey JBB! Good work landing the King Tut's gig! It's a nice venue. I've got a T-Shirt from there when they were celebrating being open for 4 years (ha!) which lists all the bands that had played there. It now reads like a who's-who of early 90's pop. Astonishing.

To anybody visiting Glasgow - get thee to The Horseshoe especially on a Saturday night. It's a typical Glasgow pub where a really broad range of people hang out. It's great to stand back and just watch who's there.
  17. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    We have "The Pickle WIg" Bar and Tavern...I think its a Gay bar.
  18. (Ok, so this is a bit of a tangent, but.....)

In my city, we have a dog grooming salon....

It's called...

"Doggie Styles"

:D :D :D
  19. This weekend, we're playing in Kellogg ID at a place called

"Dirty Ernie's"

They have hot naked women photos in the men's loo.

(Naked men photos in the ladie's)