Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cool old CT fretless on Ebay

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DigMe, Nov 5, 2002.

1. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Check out this '77 Carl Thompson fretless on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=919836782

I bet that thing has some serious pop with that big humbucker right up next to the bridge. I wonder how it sounds. Looks like it's missing a knob and a switch though unless I'm mistaken. Maybe someone did an amateur pre replacement at some point unless I'm just misinterpreting what I'm seeing. Interesting that it's not mentioned in the auction. Nonetheless it'd be cool to have an old 70's CT in your collection.

brad cook

2. :eek: WOW :eek:

Anyone got $3000? I'll pay it back, I swear! :D

3. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    Dot inlays on the front of a nice fretless really bug me, but I suppose it wouldn't stop me from buying if the price was right.

That there is a funky bass, uh huh.
    [​IMG]

4. Looks nice. The dot inlays don't bother me so much as the gaping holes in the control plate.

5. THat control plate reminds me of a wish, there, I said it :D

6. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    you know, that's weird...the first time I saw this one I thought something was a little wishy too...

Just some intangible, ephemeral feeling. Normally I like the CT vibe. Maybe it's the mismatched p'ups and such...this one looks like it's seen a lot of modifications. I wonder if it was fretted at one point.

7. Are you sure that's not a slightly modified Wishnevsky:D :D :D :eek:

Fetch!:D

8. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    yeah it does look like a wishy.. I am usually a fan of the CT basses.. but this one is a bit too ugly for my taste

9. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I wonder if the dobro pup was a stock CT thing. That does make it look a little ghetto.

brad cook

10. Dunno-
    for the amount of money he's asking (and apparently someone has bid on it) the seller best show some form of confirmation that this is really whats hes got (say a letter from CT citing the serial #etc is this and that).
    It does look like a hodgepodge, almost Wish like
    Maybe MR Wish has a new line of high end clone basses