Cool posters?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by ApeIsHigh81, Oct 11, 2004.

1. ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    Hey everyone, I just painted my room and I'm looking for some rad posters to hang. So far I have sublime with Eric holding the shotgun, Larry Graham, Robert Trujillo, Primus STSOC, Some Chevy chevelle posters. Mars Volta.... I think I'm gonna get that new Alicia keys poster.

Anyway any rad recommendations? I'm still looking for a Ben Harper poster where his face isn't all huge on it (something like the Burn To Shine stamp style poster). No Beatles, Pink Floyd, beer, Marley stuff, I'm looking for unique stuff that every other 23 year old doesn't have in his room. I'm really looking for some Juxtapoz type stuff, not really Kozik or Coop, more surrealistic or music related stuff. Thanks to all you art heads out there. Oh, any taggers or piecers here? I know you guys know some killer artists.

Everyone please give input, so that everyone else here can benefit from suggestions in case they're looking for posters too.
  2. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Justin Bua's stuff. I have El Guitarrista, and I really like it. Really good artist, really tight style.
  3. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    You gotta have the black sabbath poster.
  4. bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    That is the most diverse group of posters ever gathered in one place.
  5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Based on how you're decorating your room, I'd say the most unique thing you could put in it that no one would expect to see would be......hmmmm.....

I know.

A girl.

Oh wait, that's something you'd find in most other 23 year old's rooms.

(This post was a joke)
  6. ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    Good lookin' out!!! It's like you read my mind!!
  7. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Yeah...just mix in some N'Sync and perhaps Barry Manilow and you'll be king.

EDIT: Well maybe queen...

brad cook
  8. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Mars Volta, nice touch. I recently added a Bob marley poster and a Rage Against the Machine fabric poster to my wall, am adding a Red Hot Chili Peppers poster around Christmas, and maybe a Mars Volta one too.
  9. bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    How about a brand new AC/DC poster right next to a David Hasselhoff one? That'd be fabulous!
  10. well i got 3 hendrix, 1 srv, 1 chili peppers, 1 zeppelin, 1 audioslave and a hannibal trying to get a charles mingus and a rick james poster next

this is the zeppelin poster, but mines a little different its black and white and has the old man on top of a moutain with a town in the background

and i cant find my favourite hendrix poster online...ill take pics, they're awesome...

check out
  11. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I was checking out the Goodwill by my house the other day and they had the Hasselhoff CD. Man...who'd give THAT gem away?!

brad cook
  12. i think the question we have to ask ourselves is who would buy that in the first place :D

mind you ive gotten all my meshell ndegeochello cd's seccond hand except for comfort woman

13. Piano Man II looks really cool...I think I might get that eventually. Cool stuff.
  14. The Wall poster
    The Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas poster
  15. The Clash poster, from their infamous album. Or, I have a very cool Led Zeppelin Swan Song poster. Whatever floats your boat, man.
  16. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    what about an 80's hair band poster? something from great white, or tesla? i doubt any 23 year old has one of those in their room.

17. id love a steve vai poster or joe satriani :D
  18. Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
  19. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan

I saw the thread starters avatar... saw a monkey. automatically, i assumed "OK, munji... he's 23? wow."

and now i realized its not munji.