1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cool songs you forgot you used to play.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by JMacBass65, Nov 28, 2017.

1. So my daughter turned 18 a few weeks ago, and everyone in the family, including her, seems to keep saying some version of "well, you're an adult now, so......" And on one of these occasions, my wife briefly sang I'm an Adult Now" by The Pursuit of Happiness, a song I used to play in the early 90s that I had completely forgotten about.

I cued it up on YT tonight and played thought it like it was yesterday, only part I forgot was that they play through the chorus twice at the end.

Anyway, totally fun remembering and playing that tune again. Makes me want to get the old band together, if only for one night.

Anybody else have some things lurking somewhere back in the grey matter?

Fishheadjoe likes this.
  2. rufus.K

rufus.K

Oct 18, 2015
    SoCal
    I rediscovered "solitary man" on acoustic guitar today

3. biguglyman

biguglyman

Jul 27, 2017
    Rochester, NY
    Last gig we had a guest singer who wanted to know if we could play Closer To Home by Grand Funk RR. Haven't played it in YEARS but pulled it out of our rectal area with aplomb...sounded so good we're putting it on the list.

Big Dog Johnson and Aberdumbie like this.
  4. Gonna need to look that one up, not familiar with the title.

Excellent.

5. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Thin Lizzy- Cowboy Song

I saw the singer/drummer from my first real band over the holiday. The moment I laid eyes on him that song bumped into my head. If you look it up, get past the intro...which is MUCH different from the rest of the song.

JMacBass65 likes this.
  6. rufus.K

rufus.K

Oct 18, 2015
    SoCal
    Neil Diamond

bobba66 and JMacBass65 like this.
  7. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    Weezer- Island In The Sun