Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cool stereo-effect for two amps ?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Doryan, Sep 3, 2002.

1. I just got a second stack and since I have the ability to use real stereo-effect, I'm thinking of buying a pedal to split up my signal.

But I'm braindead on effects, I only use distortion effects.
    Wich stereo-effect (and what kind of brand pedal would you recommend) is cool to use when playing live and studio work? Something for my solo's perhaps, to add something more.

2. A stereo chorus, flanger or delay is pretty cool sweepeing between the 2 amps. Another consideration and especially useful on bass would be to have a wet/dry set up. one amp set up with out efx and the other getting all of the efx, you can get some pretty whacked out sounds without sacrificing your 'good' bass tone.

3. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    what he said! :p

as a side note, i'm getting a george dennis stereo chorus/volume, but i don't even have one "rig" to work with, needless to say two!

4. Hotblack

Hotblack Pay the cost to be the boss. Supporting Member

May 20, 2002
    Provided content for Genzler Amplification
    Check into the Lexicon Vortex. It's not made anymore, but you can pick one up on ebay for under $200.00. There are many phase and delay effect that run very nicely in stereo.

5. Thanks for the responses.

As for other effects I only use distortion. I need the stereo-effect to sound good with my clean sound as well as with my dirty sound.
    A chorus wouldn't work well behind a distortion, doesn't it ?

So between stereo-effects I have to choose from:
    - flanger
    - chorus
    - delay
    - phaser
    - reverb

Are there other effects besides these ?

No pitch-shifting effects please.

I was thinking of trying out the Boss DD-5 Digital Delay. What would a short delay do ?

I'm looking for something that doesn't drasticly changes my sound.