Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cool Stuff at guitar center

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by VictorLeMonteWooten, Jan 7, 2001.

1. VictorLeMonteWooten

VictorLeMonteWooten

Dec 6, 2000
    I went to guitar center today. I love going there. They had a pretty cool stack.
    Musicman 500 watt tube head
    swr golliath jr. III
    swr big ben

They had another stack with an ampeg 410 and a 115 with tweeters

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Well, Vic, now there's something we have in common.

GC Rules! RULES!

3. VictorLeMonteWooten

VictorLeMonteWooten

Dec 6, 2000
    i liked musicians friend better, but gc bought out musician's friend. I was wondering why i didn't get my mf catalogs in the mail. I get about 10 catalogs a month
    gc
    american music
    interstate
    stewart mac
    american musical supply
    musician's friend
    plus some others i can't think of

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    MF's catalog is a good place to start, but I can ALWAYS beat their price at GC. You can't negotiate catalog deals. I went to the MF Store in Las Vegas right after GC bought them out. They had lots of cool stuff, including some Eden CXC's which I've never seen anywhere else. Yes sir, GC RULES! Oh man, do they rule. Their salespeople suck (except my main man, Jon), but they rule.

5. VictorLeMonteWooten

VictorLeMonteWooten

Dec 6, 2000
    i kind of like local stores that are not huge chains. They have a mom and pop quality to them. You could get some good deals. There is a place called guitarville, i go there a lot. They have high prices, but they are negotiable. They only have used instruments (i guess you can call that a plus).

6. Guitar center has some good deals but most of these super stores sell seconds or items that don't sell well in other stores. Some of their sales people should be flipping burgers. I am a musician of 50 years and an electronic technician, and the salesman will tell you that you can't do that. I had one salesman who told me that an expensive effects unit was only for professional musicians. And I had a full bank account and an empty credit card in my pocket. I won't buy your stuff if I have to fight you for it.

[Edited by bassdude on 01-09-2001 at 05:41 PM]

7. VictorLeMonteWooten

VictorLeMonteWooten

Dec 6, 2000
    the local stores usually have better salespeople that know about instruments and so on. you also get to know them better. They are usually honest too. They are friendly and are nor usually behind a counter not even paying attention to customers.

8. hey, your profile says your in Seattle... why not go to Bass North West? I dont care how much stuff they got at GC for bass, but at Bass North West, they got the most, hands down.

9. VictorLeMonteWooten

VictorLeMonteWooten

Dec 6, 2000
    i live a lot closer to gc, plus where ever the family goes, i go basically. Since i'm the only real bass player, i don't have much say (i'm in a family of guitarists, ew). I can also go to American music on the way. (hey i get to go across the fremont bridge, hehe).

10. virtual.ray

virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    In case you didn't know,they(GC) are having a month of Jan. "Inventory Overload" where certain items are up to 70% off list.Just what items depends on each store's inventory.For example,near me they've got a Warwick FNA 5 string for $999 because it's been on the wall for over 6 months.