Cool things on late night TV

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by JimmyM, Dec 21, 2005.

1. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Conan: Isaac Hayes was on and he sang "Shaft" using the MW7 plus about 12 other musicians and 3 singers. And he changed the words to "Conan," which was funny at first but then I got bummed because he didn't really sing "Shaft." But the band sounded great, and did an awesome extended ending. Mike Merritt played a black G&L Precision with what sounded like flats.

Carson Daly: The North Mississippi All-Stars are on, and their guitarist is playing not only guitar but a 1 string guitar made out of a cigar box. He called it a "lobo." It has a round fretless neck, and sounded amazing. Chris Chew is playing a Lakland, as he has for the past couple of years.

Anyway, I thought that all was pretty cool.

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I was actually bummed that Isaac didn't do one of his unknown songs (AKA not Shaft/Conan) so people can see him as a very talented artist... but instead he'll remain a gimmick icon in the public eye.

I did smile at how Mike Merritt had a huge grin the whole time... everytime he looked at Isaac he smiled really big. Something tells me the dude is a fan... Even though he just does covers... the dude can play!

Speaking of Carson: FIREBALL MINISTRY WAS ON a day or two ago! A Stoner rock band that isn't Queens of the Stoneage getting some mainstream props!!

3. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    And a week or so ago Conan had a trio consisting of bass, drums, and UKELELE???? But the uke player was a killer.

I'd even buy his CD if I had a clue who he was. But the shows are really bad about explaining whose musical performance you switched over during. Okay I know that is bad grammar, but I wrote it four times and none of them looked right.

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
  5. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    That's the guy. He killed it. I never knew you could do that on a uke. :bassist:

6. i thought it was kinda cool with the conan thing...i thought jim carrey was really funny last nite!

7. groovemachine

groovemachine

Oct 4, 2005
    Hawaii
    Jake also recorded with Bela Fleck & the Flecktones. His drummer is Noel Okimoto & I think the bassist is Dean Taba.

8. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    GGW Commericials.