Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

cool/unique F on the bay

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by J.Wolf, Mar 18, 2006.

1. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
  2. I love that chocolat color! Nice looking bass! Thanks.

3. puff father

puff father

Jan 20, 2006
    Endicott, NY
    I love that finish too.

4. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Man Jake, you had to post this one....:scowl:

I saw that on it's first run on ebay. I really wish that were my BN6. I greatly prefer a pau ferro fingerboard with an ash body to the ebony that I have. Ash and ebony can be a hard sounding combo.

5. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    One of the nicest Fs I've ever seen!

6. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    no doubt! I almost put in a bid... I love it!

7. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    Thats interesting- When I got my BN6 I was looking for one with a cool maple top and an ebony board. I ended up with a 1 piece ash body and a maple board, and I love it. It sounds great, and George has remarked about how mine came out sounding exceptionally good:)

Interestingly, an F bass dealer I'm friends with told me once that when he orders F's with ebony boards, he always orders a top with it, somehow the top laminate balances out the hard sound of the ebony I guess, I dunno. He had a whole theory about it.

Either way, I bet the pau ferro board is great on that F, nice and warm sounding. I don't think I've seen one before with anything other than maple or ebony.

8. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I agree, I'll bet that the pau ferro board is a wonderful fingerboard wood for an F Bass.

9. Dayum! That is a looker.

The finish reminds me of the Nirvana black style on Warwick, with the slight transparent look to it.

Definitely sexy.

10. TimothyGroovy

TimothyGroovy Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 3, 2000
    Hong Kong
    Owner: Uni••Sound
    Man, I spot that too!! That's a nice n cool F-bass!!! I wish I have money to buy that baby!! I just love the colour and finish to dead...:spit:

11. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC

Kinda reminds me of those stealth bongos, but way cooler!

12. jzucker

jzucker

Feb 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    It looks great. You think there's any reason to be concerned about the stability of birds-eye maple? Normally, it's not the most stable of neck woods. Also, it's a 34.5" scale. I wonder how much "longer" that actually feels?