Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cool vintage fender

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Danny R., Jun 20, 2003.

1. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

CLICK HERE
    Don't forget to check this guy's feedback:D

2. It's a joke...
    In case you haven't noticed, the page you were viewing is not for real.

It started out as a parody of an eBay guitar ad, but quickly took on a life of its own. Most of the links do not work, but a few of them do:

The eBay guitar ad parody
    The "home page" of the seller
    The eBay feedback page for the seller
    Other auctions by the seller

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some people, of course, just don't get it. Here's an email I received from someone who, apparently, has no sense of humor:

Are you stupid or something? Only a dumbass would fall for that.
    Fender strats don't have yamaha any where on them. 1950 strats
    don't have rosewood necks, they have maple. That is not a $15,500
    guitar, that is a $130 guitar. If you ain't sure that is a yamaha pacifica
    112. Just thought you might like to knnow how big a f***ing ediot you are.

Or, maybe he was just playing along with the joke. Yeah, that's gotta be it. Nobody is that stupid.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: This is not intended to poke fun at eBay (which is a fine company that performs a great service). Rather, it is intended to poke fun at sellers who use eBay to rip-off unsuspecting people.

John Walkenbach

My other web sites

http://j-walk.com/music/fake.htm

3. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Still, it's pretty funny...

4. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

Well, maybe that's why I posted it in the Bass Humor & Gig Stories forum don't you think? :ninja:

5. Yeah but I wanted to make sure just in case someone here actually goes and buys it....lol

6. wow SIX knobs to change the sound?! I must own this guitar!!!:rolleyes:

7. babecker

babecker

Mar 7, 2002
    Sykesville, MD
    This guy has a lot of time on his hands.

8. soularis

soularis

Jul 3, 2003
    Illinois, USA
    That was funny....... :) :) :D Especially grandma's post in feedback :D Ebay very much resembles this!!!

9. Did any of you click on the thing that led to the page about his girlfriend?:eek: :ninja: