Coolest finish

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Oliver, Jul 2, 2003.

1. Oliver

Jun 21, 2003
    Perth, Australia

send in your favourites!
  2. I like this fact...i liked it so much i ordered an MIA standard fender in this colour. :) Hopefully it dont take too long. :(
  3. Bryan_G

Apr 28, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    I realy like the transparent finishes. I want to at least see some wood grain. But with the right type of wood you can't beat the natural, oiled, finish.
  4. Tim Barber

Tim Barber Commercial User

Apr 28, 2003
    Serenity Valley
    Owner: Barber Music
    Usually I'm an exotic-wood type of guy. But for some reason this causes me to sweat profusely...:D

5. Here are some examples of JP Basses's finishes...

6. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
  7. Lenko

May 3, 2003
    I really like these two:
    I also like transparent finishes on some basses, Sunburst, blueburst, cherryburst etc.
  8. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

I know the guy who owns this bass and have played it several times. It is a pretty slammin' bass but it is *heavy* beyond belief. It is heavy northern ash with an ebony top...don't know if you can get much worse ;) But on the upside it plays and sounds fantastic. Definitely a good choice there Lenko ;)

Oh yeah, it is also MUCH darker in person.
  9. Lenko

May 3, 2003
    I'd love to try that bass once; it really looks fantastic. I bet it sounds simillar.
  10. geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    I was reading a guitar mag and there was an add for a company that Chromes your looks sooooo.. cool:cool: ,to many finger prints though:mad:
  11. TK65

Jan 16, 2003
    This is the place that chrome plates guitars. Interesting concept.

Those spalted woods are niiice (I'm assuming it's spalted). And I'd name my first born "Dude" for that Aria Explorer (shows where my tastes lie!).

But I personally love the Harlequin Prismatique finish on my Carvin:

Most people I know think it's gaudy, and my band-mates call it the "Liberace bass" - but I think it's very cool - sorta like the old Gretsch finishes.

But when the day is done, I'll take a flamed koa bass over just about anything...

12. I've posted this before, but this finish closed the deal on the bass I already loved the sound of!

My F Bass Studio

13. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

blonde on ash... Mmmmmm makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

Dude, that Aria kisks ass! I almost scored a black & red one like that circa. 1986-87