1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Coolest place you've visited?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by labgnat, Jun 2, 2007.

1. labgnat

labgnat Inactive

Oct 29, 2005
    outta this world
    Where's the coolest place you visited, and why?
    share a pic or 2 if you care too.

2. - Inside the 'Walt Disney apartment' that Walt used back in the "days" when Disneyland was being built, and during it's formative years. The apartment which is very small, sits atop the Disneyland fire station on Main Street where you first enter the park. Walt and Lillian Disney decorated it all in 19th century furniture, drapes, rugs, brass objects.. etc.

3. the cinque terre in italy.

http://www.cinqueterre.it/en/index.asp

Grape farms and towns carved into 100+ ft. high cliffs on the eastern Mediterranean coast. amazing.

Italy, in general, is the coolest place I have ever visited.

4. labgnat

labgnat Inactive

Oct 29, 2005
    outta this world
    Italy, yes that'd defintely be fabulous. maybe one day i'll be lucky enough to venture there.

5. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    canada. Well, Vancouver Island, actually. Awsome place. Everyone was so dang friendly up there!

that and I saw some hippie commune with a thatched-roof building with grass growing out of it. There were goats grazing on the roof. AWSOME!!!

6. Considering I havent really been anywhere else, Id have to say Jamaica.

7. dude. BC is full of hippy towns.

the east coast is even friendlier. :D Newfoundland especially.

8. ryco

ryco

Apr 24, 2005
    http://mellorsatsea.blogharbor.com/blog/BarredeNavidad

Great people, beautiful beach! Helps if you speak the language. I don't speak Spanish and it was a big mistake. It would have been a LOT more enjoyable if I had been better able to communicate with the locals. Very friendly! Coconuts on the beach for breakfast! Mescal on the beach in the evening (really compliments a sunset)! Everyone claps as the sun sets over the Pacific to say thank you for another beautiful day!

Fortunately there are a couple of gringo bar owners in case of emergency. But looking back I think I was arrogant to be a guest in their beautiful country and didn't even bother to take the time to learn their language! Americans = dios mio, carumba y ay-yi-yi!

Now don't tell anyone else about this

9. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    NY
    Alaska!

10. syciprider

syciprider Inactive

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Fremantle "Stralya. Neighboring Perth was too same old same old for me.

I got to fire the cannon that they used for signalling whaling boats back in the old days.:smug:

11. syciprider

syciprider Inactive

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I must admit that my carnal side screams Pattaya Beach, Thailand though.

12. BobWestbrook

BobWestbrook Mr.

Mar 13, 2006
    Philly suburb
    Jerusalem, Israel

13. COOMBS!!!

i love coombs, its such a great little town.

the most amazing city i have ever visited would probably be Havana. the architecture was so beautiful, and looking right seeing the fast hustle-and-bustle of the marketplace and looking left and seeing an outdoor restaraunt where most of the people there hadnt moved for hours. the history was amazing aswell.

14. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    When I was younger, my Mom always told me "Don't go through that door. No Matter what!"
    But, one day I was sitting there, and the temptation just was over-whelming!
    So I stood up, walked over and pushed open the door.
    What did I see? WONDERFUL thing!
    The Sun!
    Clouds!
    and even Flowers

15. labgnat

labgnat Inactive

Oct 29, 2005
    outta this world
    check out the great wall of china and the borubudor in indonesia. both very cool

16. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    come to newfoundland canada, you'll walk down the street and people you dont't know will stop and talk to you. Its great here lol.

apperently were known for being very friendly, when 911 happened (which was very tragic i might add) there were planes that had to land at st. john's airport and people from st. john's went to the airport to get people and bring them back to their homes so they could sleep in a bed rather then in an airport chair and of course get some good ole newfie grub lol.

17. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Sounds a lot like mental institution... What do they talk about? Fake moon landing?

18. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    no, they just say hello and, introduce themselves and just talk to you....

ull never understand unless u visit.

19. I love the Florida Keys. I've been to many places but I just feel best when I'm there. I could easily spend all my time in a fast flats boat with a full cooler and a few fishing poles. :cool:

20. bobstefntes

bobstefntes

Sep 20, 2006
    Amsterdam, without a doubt.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021