Cooling my Stewart World 1.2

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TheCreature, Apr 21, 2003.

1. TheCreature

May 22, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    I've got a Stewart World 1.2 in a 2 space rack with a Demeter H Series preamp. I know, Stewart says keep an empty rack space around the amp. I think that's stupid, but so is when the amp shuts down during the second set because of heat. So, I used to drag this big clipon fan around the country with me. Also stupid, so I had my amp tech do this - see pics.

It doesn't take much air at all to keep the amp from shutting down. I whooped it good last weekend and it stayed cool.
  2. basss

basss Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2001
    Cool! (pardon pun) I've been looking for solutions to the same issue. Where did you find a one space fan? I've been thinking of cutting a hole in the top of the rack and mounting a fan pointing down at the stew. Just curious- what are the conditions (cabs you are using, ohm load, heat conditions) when your stew shuts down?
  3. TheCreature

May 22, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    It's just a small 120 V muffin fan he attached to the Stew with a bracket, and ran power down into the Stew, the other side of the breaker. Seems to work...
  4. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I've often wondered why makers of rack cases don't incorporate fans into the side of their cases. I built a rack case recently which has a small fan on each side of the amp - my amp couldn't get hot if it tried nowdays. And the whole idea came about from the same sort of experience mentioned above.