1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cop Caught in a Major Lie

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Dr. Cheese, May 11, 2010.

1. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
  2. Ziltoid

Ziltoid I don't play bass

Apr 10, 2009
    Canada
    It's indeed pretty sad,

but on a lighter note, I'm pretty sure he'd do a half decent mall cop

3. Farva?

4. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    Why? :rollno:

5. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    Know what? The guy's obviously got some real issues going on. And to be honest, I want to call him a total and complete douche-bag, but something promising caught my eye:

"Police spent hours combing the West Philadelphia neighborhood for possible suspects, but no one was formally questioned or arrested."

So no blind witch hunt there. No one singled out and falsely accused based on race...there's hope.
    Still, I'm not so sure about the racial angle. This guy's beat was a predominantly African-American neighborhood. He could very well be a total and complete racist moron, but at the moment he just looks to me more like a total moron in need of some serious psychiatric help.

6. UnsungZeros

UnsungZeros The only winning move is not to play.

Good call there.

20100406_dn_g2copp06c.

farva-punchisize.

7. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I dont find the racial angle so troubling, being that he worked in a predominately black area. What I'd like to know, really, are his motivations for shooting himself.

8. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I noticed that no was formally questioned or arrested too. I am very glad that the police did not let anger about a "fallen brother" cause them to be rash. This reminds me a bit of a situation in Union, SC, years ago when a white woman claimed a black man carjacked and left her kids to die in a lake in her car. The sheriff did not immediately take the bait, and eventually got her to admit she killed her kids so she could leave her husband for another man.

The racial angle bothers me because it could pass the initial smell test probably because the community is seen as "high crime." In a situation like that, it would have been very easy for a chance encounter during the initial investigation to get very ugly very fast. I'm glad that the cop seems to be the only victim.

9. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I do find any lie that can inflame what are usually tense police/community relations in black communities very troubling.

10. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I can see this point. White cop wants to point blame, point it at the black man. Cops get all huffy and someone gets bruised while 'resisting arrest'. I'm also glad to see the investigation was handled well.

Well, okay, I can understand that. I just don't think he pinned the lie on a black person to cause tension in the black community. I dont know his motivation, however, and that could very likely be the reason, possibly the whole motivation for shooting himself in the first place.

11. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    I agree. This situation had frightening potential to turn very bad. That's exactly why I'm really encouraged by the fact that the police acted the way that they did. It's a good step forward in an otherwise crappy situation.

12. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    I have no frame of reference save for Justice Files but it seems that most good cops have a knack for sniffing out BS.

13. ugh. That's very unsettling.

14. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    My gut feeling is that the first cop on the scene, or least someone very early on, became suspicious of the lying cop's story. Given that he shot himself, there was probably some hint at the scene that the wound was self-inflicted.

15. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    Maybe. I'll have to read the article again. What I had gotten out of it was that his story seemed a little "off", then the later powder residue test on the shirt sort of sealed the deal.

16. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    That is really sad from every angle. :meh:

17. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Whatta dumbass. Obviously something's not right with him.

18. Here's your ticket, chicken ************!!!!!! Bock, bock bock bock!!