Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cop Shoot Cop

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by noise, Nov 9, 2000.

1. noise

noise Guest

Oct 23, 2000
    Berkeley, CA
    Anyone have any opinions (heh, stupid question) or thoughts on this band? I've found that they are quite suiting to my disposition the last few days, given their outlook on life and my outlook on the political future of the US.

I've read several places that they employ 2 bassists and no guitarist, but I can't often pick out the second. What I typically hear is plenty 'o bass (thank your diety for that) and some secondary guitar-like sounds. (See Suckerpunch on Release for an example.) Is that a bass played at a really high register?

And just to mak sure we're talking about bass players here, can the aftermath projects (Red Expendables, Firewater(?)) of Cop Shoot Cop's bass players (Natz, Tod Ashley) be recommended? I really enjoy the CSC sound, largely for the bass players.

Thanks for listening to my quasi-coherent line of questioning!

2. ever gone bass fishing?
    thats good fun (especially with rednecks because there the only ones that are good at it. they normally get drunk too)