1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

copilot effects...any good?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by cnltb, Dec 29, 2017.

1. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
  2. vivaknoxvegas

vivaknoxvegas El Duderino Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2002
    Knoxville, TN
    I have a guitar buddy who likes them a lot. May or may not help you though.

3. dalo

dalo Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Brooklyn, NY
    They are a great company.

I've had the Cubic, Broadcast, & Orbit and they all do exactly as advertised. I received amazing customer service on two of these pedals even though I bought them used.

Swimming Bird likes this.
  4. BassBrass

BassBrass

Jul 6, 2009
    Boston MA
    Fun, wacky, time/fuzz/osculate/glitch pedals, always a bit too extreme for bass without a blend-loop (which I see he makes now) I think they were from Puerto Rico but it's been years since I had one. A real sound explorer, so to be encouraged.

5. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    Sounds like my kind of thing!
    Thanks!
    And...no blend is good in my book also.
    I have had my eyes on the cubic for some time( ages in teenspeak) but have not had a chance to try yet.

6. jwr

jwr

Jun 28, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Nice guy, good company for custom stuff, great prices. However, some of the stuf doesn’t work as well on actives. Others do. I’d be sure to email him first just to ask about bass response.

7. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    I have a [Orbit] and Cubic - both super awesome, versatile and quirky. Build quality is impeccable, and the pedals I have are more solid than my MXR and American boutique boxes. They've taken some abuse too. Customer service was great, though I don't know if shipping for repairs to the DR is a hassle, I've only just chatted by email w the builder.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  8. Basehead

Basehead Now with even more synthy goodness... Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    New York NY
    Used to have an Orbit and now I REALLY miss it...

9. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    Copilot make a pedal that's called 'Copilot'? :)
    How does the Cubic compare to those more often read about on talkbass ( as far as you've tried)?

10. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    nerp, Orbit rather.

I also currently have an OC-2 and Pitchfactor, have had various Whammies, Lin6 M9,and tried lots of stuff. The Cubic is maybe my favorite octaver. It isn't magical like the OC-2 exactly, but it is responsive and has a huge range of sounds, some of which are very close to the OC-2. More versatile but can be hard to dial in just so.