1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

CoPilot FX Custom 2-channel Broadcast w/CV outs

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by dlenaghan, Jun 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UPDATEDFor sale is a blood red Copilot FX Broadcast. This one's custom: besides the color, it's basically two broadcasts side by side in a double size enclosure with red enamel.

If you're not familiar with the Broadcast, it operates like an automated expression pedal. Each channel has selectable waveforms (sine, sawtooth, escalonated(like a funky staircase), etc), rate (from 1/2, 1, 2, 4, 8x the tapped tempo) range of the sweep, and aux, which is hard to describe.

Works perfectly, no issues: it just doesn't have the place in my gear I thought it might. If you've looked into an Expressionator, look into the Broadcast.

Powered by standard Boss style 9v adapter.

There is an expression input which will control either channel when the channel is bypassed. It has three footswitches: a bypass on either side and tap tempo in the middle, which sets both channels according to the pattern you select.

UPDATE: Actually, I forgot to mention this in the original ad, so I'll update it: there are two expression inputs. One of them does control the ratio that divides or ,multiplies the tempo that you tap in. There is also an expression bypass switch that allows an expression pedal to control whatever effect the Broadcast is plugged into. For example, say you've got two expression pedals, one plugged into each input, the Ratio and the Bypass. Say you're controlling a tremolo with the ratio and a filter sweep with the bypass. When the Broadcast is engaged, each pedal will follow whatever pattern you've selected with the ratio knobs. Let's say you get the tremolo following a quick escallonated pattern (it's like a randomized staircase of speeds, it's one of my favorites because it's so dynamic), and you bypass the side controlling the filter sweep. Since you've got another expression pedal plugged into the Bypass jack, now you can manually sweep that filter as the trem still follows the pattern set into the Broadcast. With an expression pedal in that Bypass jack, if you bypass one side of the broadcast, whatever effect is connected will just go back to whatever settings it has originally, as if you've unplugged an expression pedal.

It has a bit of a learning curve, and CoPilotFX has some videos on their website, though they don't really show examples of creative use. However, you can get a good sense of how the parameters operate, like the Range (which basically is like setting the minimum and maximum sweep). The tap tempo will go as long as 5 seconds, which, with the Ratio control, provides a lot of room for slow and quick patterns.

Outputs: it was important for me that this was flexible, so each channel has one Moog-style CV out (one on each side, all others (2 resistance outs, plus the 2 expression outs)are on the back), and one (in my case, Dr Scientist-compatible) resistance output. These outputs plug into the expression jack on whatever pedal you want to control with this little brain. That's up to four, depending on what the pedal accepts. Lots of possibilities.

Oh: you'll need tip-ring-sleeve (TRS) cables to make this guy work. I'll include 4 as a bonus. Original cost was a bit over 200, I'm looking for 150. Not sure about trades, but shoot them by if you like.

Pics to come.

2. Bump for automated expression!

3. Withdrawn. This thing deserves a closer look. Not closing thread just yet though ..

4. Damascus

Damascus

Aug 9, 2008
    I'd be interested in this if you put it back on the block. :)
    (the cash sort of interested)

5. Bump for Damascus..

6. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    Damascus, I sent you a PM...

7. Fro 20

Fro 20

Feb 23, 2009
    Buffalo, New York
    i definitely want this if he doesn't take it

8. Presently on hold for Damascus as he sorts out some possible mods with Adam @ CoPilot. Should he pass, it looks like 2nd up is Moote, and then Fro. I will bump this when I hear back on the situation.

9. .. and paid for! Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.