1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cops kill family dogs over minor drug offense

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by baalroo, May 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. baalroo

baalroo

Mar 24, 2008
    Wichita, KS
    Y'know I'm always amazed at how politically charged this board is considering the fact that politics are a banned subject. It's like everyone has to try to be sneaky and underhanded to get in their points, and it ends up being even darker and more divided than if people didn't feel censored and could just be direct. I'm not saying political discussion should be allowed, just commenting on an interesting phenomenon.

Anyhow, I really should have known that by posting something like this all I would get HERE is people blindly jumping to one extreme or the other in knee jerk reactions and knee jerk reactions TO the knee jerk reactions.

It's funny how just posting a video and a couple of "facts" about the incident (sorry again for being incorrect, it was an honest mistake) makes everyone jump to hatefilled conclusions about how I'm apparently a cop-hating bleeding heart moron with an agenda. Some of you are just as ridiculously biased and over-sensitive as the people you seem to not be able to stand.

2. acubass

acubass

Oct 10, 2007
    Albuquerque, NM
    This us horrible on many levels. Could the police have just no knocked on the guys door? His wife and child were in the house? I wish this guy would have actually been violent and took some of those pigs with him. Flame away

3. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    That's what the news article said. The first shot missed the pit bull, hit the corgi's paw.

Crappy situation.

4. Respect is earned, not given for just breathing.

I've seen far more idiots on stupid trips getting sideways with good law officers than you will EVER see law officers on power trips.

I reiterate my previous quote from Lincoln:

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."

You should really spend more time reading than posting. You might learn something.

5. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I've seen a few of them too, and I'm no fan of the ones that are. I'm also no fan of morons, but that doesn't mean I think they should all be hauled off to prison. For me to respect your opinion, it would have to be somewhat reasonable, and based on fact. Not just some bashing based on nothing. Therefore, I don't respect it even a tiny little bit.

6. Agreed, pit bulls are far more powerful/dangerous, and goldens are far more common in households.

The bottom line is that dog attacks are more an indication of either the temperament, ignorance, or of the sheer stupidity of the owner, than they are of the breed itself.

Sadly, pit bulls are attractive to a group of people that are all three of the above negative qualities: poor temperament, blindly (and sometimes PROUDLY :scowl: ) ignorant, and just as stupid as is possible for a human being to be (also sometimes PROUD of it :rollno: ).

The sad thing is that a breed of dog that is not at fault for being what it is (remember, humans BRED them to be the way they are!) is vilified by the very species of animal that created it.

:meh:

7. If anyone should hate a "bad cop", it's a good one.

8. pedulla-2007

pedulla-2007 Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2008
    texas
    And I believe ancient east asian philosopher Confucious said also that," It takes a bigger fool to argue with a fool!" A word to the wise is sufficient!

9. billhilly66

billhilly66

Aug 25, 2007
    Plano, TX
    These kinds of raids for non violent crimes are insane. SWAT was originally sold as a response to armed, barricaded suspects and hostage situations. Now, every podunk town has a SWAT team and the routinely use them for warrant service.

Do we really want to live in a country where when someone busts into your house at night you’re supposed to assume they might be cops?

10. newbold

newbold

Sep 21, 2008
    Toronto
    I'd say 'Glad to live in Canada' but our current times are falling on a 'tough on crime' approach in the media and, thus trickling out to concerned citizens.

It's only a matter of time (unless people everywhere start making better conscious decisions everywhere) before this ridiculousness floods my homeland.

Until then, I hope all you Americans find a way to come visit us.

There's lots of room for everyone, especially those that intend to go home again.

11. The door is always open if you don't like it here. :bag:

That being said, I've had friends on SWAT. They don't usually go for something this petty around here. Their view on dogs like the pitbull is very different because they go in hot and fast not knowing who or what is on the other side. With their natural reaction to defend their territory, it usually doesn't end well.

Don't get me wrong, I think the bust was lame, but they don't have time to see if the family pet is friendly, especially when it's charging at them.

12. Uh-huh. :rolleyes:

13. Gard is right on target here. I think just about any breed can be wonderful or dangerous to be around based on what its owner has done with it. And in some cases like our dogs (animal shelter dogs) you don't know what happened to the animal before you got it. There could be subtle triggers for aggression or defensiveness that the new owner doesn't know about. I always wonder if something like that happened when a previously well-behaved dog attacks a child or a neighbor.

But I would say that if I were in the cop's place and ANY large dog came towards me barking - regardless of breed - I might have acted the same way. I rather doubt that there was time to assess the breed and its probable tendencies. I'm not a fan of pit bulls, but it wouldn't matter whether it was a pit bull, a golden or a big brittany spaniel.

14. billhilly66

billhilly66

Aug 25, 2007
    Plano, TX

You should hide. Your "love it or leave it crap" was old back in the 70's chief.

The whole point is that they shouldn't be going in hot and fast with no idea who or what is on the other side in the first place.

15. No, I was serious. If you hate it, find a better place. Complaining about it does no good. If I truly hated my location, I'd pick up and move. Love it or leave it 70's attitude? Nah, I'm only interested in WINNING not whining.

I am simply laughing out loud at your 2nd statement. Why don't YOU go in and see, then report back to them. ;) I sure as hell am not going in there.

16. billhilly66

billhilly66

Aug 25, 2007
    Plano, TX
    So I should leave and find a place where it's ok to petition the government to change things I disagree with? There used to be a country like that. Wait, I'll remember which one here in a minute.

It's interesting to see that you think it's funny that the cops don't investigate a place before they do a dynamic entry.

17. superfunk47

superfunk47

Sep 9, 2007
    TB =/= underside of a bridge. :rolleyes:

18. it's hard to imagine why it would be necessary to paint the cops behavior as worse.......what they did was bad enough.....armed men shooting up someones home over pot possession is pretty damned over the top.....

they like to do that here.....it gives them a chance to play with their toys....while street crime is routinely ignored by cops,phone anonymously and tell them you saw a gun,or a few plants, and the swat team shows up.....

19. Your next paragraph is going to be about how they should legalize pot, too. No offense, but I know your type. Bla bla bla politics and agendas, but in the end, it's all show, no go.

You can only do so much trying to get intel on dynamic entry and there's little guarantee that this will be accurate at the time of entry. It's ALWAYS fast, that's for sure. They're risking their lives and often get crucified for a split second decision that you and I are fortunate to never have to make. I had a friend who was on dynamic entry in Afghanistan. He didn't come home.

20. billhilly66

billhilly66

Aug 25, 2007
    Plano, TX
    You know my type? ***?

My "agenda" is that I believe dynamic entry raids are grossly overused and inappropriate for warrant service except in extreme cases. There is no need to risk lives; the cops', the kids', or anyone's in order to serve a warrant for non violent crimes.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Were you in the military too? If you weren't, maby you should reconsider telling people who were that they should leave the country because they disagree with you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.