1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Copying I-Tune Files to Sandisk Clip

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Orangeclawhammr, Apr 29, 2010.

1. I did a search and am sure I saw something about this somewhere, but I can't find it. Furthermore, I can't figure out how to copy these I-Tunes files to my non-Ipod mp3 player. Thanks in advance.

2. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    if it's stuff you bought on iTunes, there's DRM on the files, and therefore you cannot play these files on any other player than an authorized iPod, unless you circumvent this security, which is illegal. If it's just stuff you ripped and did not lock to their encoding, you should be able to drag the files out of iTunes into a seperate folder...but you cannot sync up the Sandisk or anything else via iTunes.

3. The lesson here is don't buy anything that uses DRM. It restricts what you can do with music you've actually paid for. This is why I don't buy Apple.
    There are programs out there to strip the DRM, but you'll have to search.

4. playinpearls

playinpearls

Apr 1, 2008
    Atlanta
    open itunes settings, advanced, burning/importing options. select import to MP3 format.

Burn the songs to an audio cd.
    immediately import the songs back into your itunes, and you can delete the original itunes files. The new files from the CD will be MP3 and will be able to be put on any player.

If you right click in the columns section at the top (where it says title, artist, genre, etc) you can enable a column that says "Kind". It will tell you what kind of file that the song is. If it is "ACC protected" you have to burn it. If it is ACC, you can usually right click and "create mp3 version" of the song. then delete the old one. You have to do the import mp3 settings task first before it will show the option to convert.

5. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Funny. My son, previously had an iPod (then lost it). I bought him a nice 4gb Phillips mp3 player and he was trying to load songs from iTunes to the player. I laughed at him. If the tunes are regular downloaded mp3's or cd rips, all you have to do is go to your Music folder, iTunes folder then iTunes music and all the files should be there (in folders of course). Copy and paste to your non iPod mp3 player. As explained above DRM files cannot be transferred. Always rip without DRM and buy DRM free files. Then you can do what you want with them!

This is only if iTunes is your main mp3 file mgmt. program.

6. Thank you and everyone else. I will not be buying Apple anymore. Fortunately, I only had a few songs. From now on, I will buy mu music elsewhere.

7. All music on iTunes is DRM-free.