1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Coral 3x15 cab?!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by peddles, Aug 22, 2012.

1. peddles

peddles

Sep 5, 2011
    Palm Coast
  2. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    Never heard of it, but it certainly is cool. If the amp and all 3 speakers work, it's gotta be worth the $250.

3. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    I have a copy of the Coral advertisement and spec the on the Sentor 100 and its matching T315 (3x15) cabinet.

The specs do say that two T315 cabinets are required to achieve 100 watts of output. The Sentor was the bass version while the Thor was the guitar version.

I'll scan the page and post it later for all to see.

TD

4. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    That's way cool.

I would grab something like this just because it's unique and different, not the same stuff everybody else has. The speakers don't have to be very high performance for 3 of them to play 100 watts. Likely makes a pretty good noise. At least if Danelectro makes their amps better than their cardboard basses.:bag:

:D

5. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

I would not want to move that thing... I bet it weighs more than I do.

6. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon. Supporting Member

The logo looks similar to the Coral that made sitars in the 60-70's....

7. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    If you weight more than 74 lbs, you've got it beat.

Specs show that the amp and cab weigh in at 74 lbs total. Makes you wonder about the materials used to build it.

corel_amp1_A.

TD

8. subbasshz

subbasshz

Aug 11, 2012
    phoenix az
    Im addicted to punishing volume.
    OMFG thats awesome! snag that up ASAP!

9. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    +1

You have to get it. It has all the special features wanted by guitarists, plus the legendary Pitch-Switch, so you can run a sine wave/tuning fork tone through your rig to tune to. Plus a hot girl is leaning on the amp. You'd be stupid if you didn't get this.

I'm being serious here. I would have to get it. Some of that stuff may sound goofy, but I'm serious. This would be one of my craigslist narcotics I couldn't say no to. Who else has that stuff?

10. Beej

Beej

Feb 10, 2007
    Victoria, BC
    I would buy that in a nanosecond and promise the guy an extra 25 if he held it for me. The kitsch value alone is astronomical...

11. xk49w

xk49w

Apr 13, 2008
    Those Corals were the first cheap high powered (100W) amps around at the time. IIRC bass players preferred the guitar cab which had a cluster of 10s and guitar players liked the 3x15 cab. I am hopeful that someone with more remaining brain cells than I will be able to elucidate.

12. Robdrone

Robdrone

Jul 27, 2012
    Lancaster, PA
    "Destined to become the most imitated amp in the music industry". That's why there are so many 3x15 cabs around. Lol

In all seriousness it is kinda cool.

13. nukes_da_bass

nukes_da_bass Banned

Feb 19, 2006
    west suburban boston
    Tha made me LMAO thanks its been yet another cr@ppy morning!

14. dukeorock

dukeorock Owner BNA Audio Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 8, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Authorized greenboy designs builder/Owner of BNA Audio
    If nothing else it would look really cool sitting in the house or studio :)

15. Very interesting. So how many ohms is that cab?
    And can someone read the dimensions? I'd like to know how
    much volume the cab has.

16. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    Has everyone gone totally doofy? The thing is a complete white elephant, a huge waste of space. :eyebrow:

If the speakers aren't blown already, it probably wouldn't take much to blow 'em. And if it's 1967 amp technology, it likely sounds tinny, and is fragile as well.

It's really only good as a museum piece... :meh:

MM

17. I bet if you threw a fuzz in front of that thing and played guitar it'd be pretty sweet. At least for recording.

18. GaryLC

GaryLC Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Scotia, NY
    I'd be all over that in an instant! If only for the coolness factor, I grew up with Coral, Danelectro, Silvertone, Airline, Standel......just fun stuff to have!

19. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    Beauty in the eye/ear of the beholder?:p

20. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    If you really must know the T315 is:

24" wide x 12 3/4" deep x 48 3/4" tall

TD