Corelli 370 Forte vs. Forte TX

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by Aaron J, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Aaron J

Aaron J

Jul 16, 2003
    Cincinnati, OH
    Hello all, I haven't posted on this side of the boards before, although I have been a lurker for years. I have a quick question. I was having a quick repair done by Nick Lloyd over the weekend (who did a beautiful job), and he thought that Corelli strings might be a good thing to try on my bass. I remembered seeing a couple of threads on this on this board which had a lot of good things to say. I have narrowed it down to the 370 Forte and Forte TX. I did a search on the two and only found a tension comparison. So I was wondering if anyone has enough experience with both strings to do a comparison. Is the TX is overwhelmingly tighter than the Forte? I was also curious if one was very noticeably louder than the other. I am looking for a string with good volume, but is not as tight as the Spirocore setup I have now. I have a relatively long scale length, so strings with a lot of tension begin to feel really stiff if I go for anything over a medium-low action. I am also tired of switching strings when it comes time for an orchestral gig (I have played Obligatos, I just am not looking for another synthetic core string right now). Thanks guys.

2. I just got my Corelli 370F G & D , And helicore arco med E & A

:spit:

80$ wasted so far , I have given them a few days and im starting to lose hope....The whole set sounds amazing for jazz and i will hold on to them for that reason , so i guess its not wasted money...The corellis sound like a 5 year old is playing them . I want my obligatos back!!! :bawl: