Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Corelli 370 Forte vs. Forte TX

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by Aaron J, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Aaron J

Aaron J

Jul 16, 2003
    Cincinnati, OH
    Hello all, I haven't posted on this side of the boards before, although I have been a lurker for years. I have a quick question. I was having a quick repair done by Nick Lloyd over the weekend (who did a beautiful job), and he thought that Corelli strings might be a good thing to try on my bass. I remembered seeing a couple of threads on this on this board which had a lot of good things to say. I have narrowed it down to the 370 Forte and Forte TX. I did a search on the two and only found a tension comparison. So I was wondering if anyone has enough experience with both strings to do a comparison. Is the TX is overwhelmingly tighter than the Forte? I was also curious if one was very noticeably louder than the other. I am looking for a string with good volume, but is not as tight as the Spirocore setup I have now. I have a relatively long scale length, so strings with a lot of tension begin to feel really stiff if I go for anything over a medium-low action. I am also tired of switching strings when it comes time for an orchestral gig (I have played Obligatos, I just am not looking for another synthetic core string right now). Thanks guys.

2. I just got my Corelli 370F G & D , And helicore arco med E & A

:spit:

80$ wasted so far , I have given them a few days and im starting to lose hope....The whole set sounds amazing for jazz and i will hold on to them for that reason , so i guess its not wasted money...The corellis sound like a 5 year old is playing them . I want my obligatos back!!! :bawl: