1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Corelli 370s, Obligatos and Helicore Orch's for swap or sale.

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by Andy Allen, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Andy Allen

Andy Allen "Working Bassist"

Aug 31, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    I have three lightly used string sets:

1. Corelli 370F: about 3 months light use (about 1hr/day practice + a couple of gigs). I liked these strings a lot, but wanted to try something thicker.

2. Pirastro Obligatos: about 2 months light use (about 1hr/day practice + a couple of gigs). These strings were too thumpy for my bass. They were carefully fitted and removed, and properly cared for while they were on the bass, so there should be plenty of life left in them.

3. D'Addario Helicore Orchestral Mediums: about 5 days practice use. These were fitted to the bass when I bought it (new), and were too dark and high tension for my taste.

What I would really like is to swap these, set for set, for any of the following in similar condition: Superflexibles, Spirocore Weichs, Kolstein Heritage, Helicore Hybrids. I'm trying cut down on the expense of trying different strings while I'm settling on a favourite.

I'd possibly consider selling them too.

Andy