Corelli Users Help!

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by paulunger, Nov 3, 2002.

1. I recently purchased, what I thought were 370 F, G - D - A strings. But the A string is not of the same tone, gauge, color as the D and G string. The G and D strings have yellow w/ black spiral at the ball ends and the A string has orange w/ black spiral. Also, the A string is far brighter in tone.
    Can anyone please tell me what I have?
  2. Francois Blais

Francois Blais Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Québec, Canada
    I suggest you use the Quinn Violins String ID applet to be sure.
    But my search lead to this result:
    Your D and G seem to be 370TX but the A is a 370F! (the TX is the Extra Forte gauge while the F is the Forte)
  3. From what I have seen the Corelli colors always match at the ball end.
    The 370M are blue with a black stripe.
    And I thought the 370 and 380 TX had black threads with a red ring at the top.

Do you know which 370's you have?
    Or are supposed to have.
    Like Francois said try Quinns site.
  4. Thanks for the tips guys. I did check the Quinn String ID. It says that the yellow/black spiral strings are the 380 (nickel) Extra Forte, and not the 370 Forte that it says on the package. Quinn could also not idetify the black/red stripe Corelli. I recently ordered 3 separate G strings, a 370 Medium, 370 Forte and 370 Extra Forte. But is looks like the 370 Forte (yellow/ black spiral) and 370 Extra Forte (black/red stripe) are actually 380 Extra Forte and ?.
    Has anyone else had problems like this. It seems odd that it would happen to me twice.
  5. Francois Blais

Francois Blais Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Québec, Canada
    Report it the retailer you bought them of.
    He should replace them.
  6. ksdaddy

Jul 5, 2002
    Caribou, ME
    I bought a set of Corellis, the colors all match, but the A string is a lot brighter sounding, and in fact even LOOKS different than the other 3. Sound-wise, it's almost as dramatic as going from a flat wound to a round wound on an electric bass. I just ordered a set of Spirocores; we'll see how those work out.
  7. Buddy Lee

Buddy Lee

May 5, 2002
    My set of Corellis was and still is just fine...
  8. Recently, while picking up a new set of strings at Quinn, my conversation with Chris meandered to the topic of "those who buy the most strings". I really thought I had a problem in that area until he started describing a French Canadian customer that has to be his number one client. But of course we all know who that is.