Cornell Quit?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bigmanb, Mar 23, 2002.

1. Are Rage and Cornell done already? According to they are.

Though no public confirmation has been released as of yet, sources close to the Rage Against The Machine/Chris Cornell project have now confirmed that Chris Cornell has sadly quit the group. The band were originally scheduled to release both a new album later this year as well as tour as a part of the U.S. Ozzfest bill this summer, though both opportunities now look to be scrapped. The reasons for the split remain unclear, though it is rumored that Cornell's heart wasn't fully into the project and as such he was taking extremely long to finalize his vocal parts for the bands material, a factor which reportedly caused tension within the band, not too mention the album's constant delays. It is unknown at present is the departure is past the point of a reconciliation or not, though official word is expected shortly.
  2. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    If that is true, that really sucks!
  3. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    I think im going to cry.:(
  4. that really sucks. I was looking foward to that too. :(
  5. I'm not devastated by it, but its disappointing

I'd still like to hear what they sound like. It sounds pretty interesting
  6. That sucks, Rage is one of the best instrumental sections ever! It'd be cool if they went around and started writing and making albums with different musicians. But I really wish they'd find a new frontman. HR from Bad(or Soul) Brains would be cool, so would Chali 2na, but I think stylistically they wouldn't work that well. But still it'd be cool. Maybe if they got the guys from Dead Prez, now THAT would be cool. Or better yet, Jello Biafra
  7. my feelings too.
  8. melvin

Apr 28, 2001
    That, would be very interesting. Id very much like to hear what he would produce with the rest of RATM
  9. Damn. I like Rage and I never got a chance to hear how Cornell fitted into the group.
  10. Cornell is my favorite rock singer and Soundgarden was my favorite rock band for the longest. I really wanted to hear what they sounded like, coz much as I love Rage, I didn't like Zack's voice. It just didn't add all that much.

I thought their album had come out on the 23rd of this month, but I never got to the store for it. I'll have to check it out.

Hopefully something will give and they'll at least follow through on the Oz tour. Chris is pretty much the last vestage of great rock frontman out there. And that's kind of lame to cancel a gig like that after the Oz-meister hooks you up.

11. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    Fortunately, their debut album is still scheduled to be released this summer. I hope Chris and the Rage guys get some new bands started.
  12. steve 1

steve 1 Guest

Feb 18, 2002
    utica, ny
    oh mean that a band that i have never even heard has broken up? i think im going to cry.