Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cornstock

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Peter McFerrin, Apr 27, 2003.

1. My band, Bombard the Headquarters, played at a poorly attended music festival today that had been moved indoors due to rain. Unfortunately, due to promoters' ineptitude, more people gravitated to the free food outside than to the bands upstairs. Still, it was a good set and we had a lot of fun.

An extremely poor-quality MPEG of one of my originals, "Black Jack," can be found here: http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/pam35/bombard-cornstock.mpg

2. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    *Currently downloading, please stand by for public bashing.*

3. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    LOL, I watched it and then actually forgot to comment on it last night :p

Perhaps you guys would need a rhythm geetarist. It feels bit empty, especially when your sax player stops playing after half point. Plus, it doesn't look that good when he just stands around there doing nothing.. Give him a tambourine or something ;)

Otherwise, pretty decent job, even if your smugness can't be noticed from such a poor quality flick.

4. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    On one hand, I really, really wanna make some jokes as P-mac's expense...
    On the other hand, I actually liked the tune...

What to do, what to do....

5. ChenNuts44

ChenNuts44

Nov 18, 2001
    Davenport, IA
    don't be a p**sy, DO IT!!! :D

6. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    im sending this over recordings

Smilie Score:
    -sounds :cool::cool::cool:
    -sights :(:(

7. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Saturday my band headlined a well-attended, front page story advertised outdoor festival. Beautiful sunny weather, nice breeze, free ice cream, great set.

Take that, you smug bastard!

Hey...us antismugs have to get our shots in where we can

brad cook

8. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Or course now that I've listened to the song, your music is much cooler. :(

brad cook

9. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Havnt a soundcard/media player etc on these college PC's but I'll check it out when I get home!

10. i like the tune, you should get a semi-decent recording of it. but IMO, lose whoever was singing. good LAWD.

11. We try to get him to shut up, but he's got this Keith Jarrett fixation and insists on it.

He'll stop when he gets fired from a lucrative gig for pissing off the horn players.

12. Sir Smug, I like it. I think though it sounds a little empty when the saxaphone player stops, try to get a rhythm guitar in or something... or than that, I like it a lot!

13. That's bad mixing. The organ should be a lot higher in the mix, methinks.

14. I took a second listen, and your right. The organ is WAY too buried in the mix... :oops:

15. Jeez....even your bass playing is smug....

I liked the tune, but the snare drum was way too loud. I'd be all over a good recording of that song though.