1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Corona is for feminists and their castrated lapdogs

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by sleepytime, Apr 23, 2010.

1. sleepytime

sleepytime

Nov 10, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    You've seen the commercials...

1. Couple sitting on the beach. Guy ogles hot babe walking by...chick takes lime wedge and sprays his face.

2. Couple sitting on the beach. Chick ogles hunk walking by...guy takes her unopened bottle and shakes it up. She reaches over...and takes the unshaken bottle!

The message is clear--don't mess with women, they are too smart for losers like you. Now I thought I was just a curmudgeon, but when I brought it up at the tavern the other night, every guy there was onboard with "Yeah, I thought the same thing.", etc. Is anybody else avoiding this Virginia Slims brew? Cuz if you take off your skirt and put down your purse, the other babe will give you a Miller Lite.

2. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I don't avoid it because of the commercials, I avoid it because it tastes like butt water.

3. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    This. I avoid corona because it sucks even with a lime in it (who puts fruit in beer to make it taste good?), not to avoid whatever image they are trying to market. Sleepytime,...you watch too much TV. ;)

4. jaywa

jaywa

May 5, 2008
    Iowa City, IA
    Whatever. Usually the more a beer company tries to be hip and cool with their advertising, the worse the product. And considering Corona is basically the Budweiser of Mexico, that would prove-out in this case as well.

5. sleepytime

sleepytime

Nov 10, 2007
    Chicago, IL

That does make it easier. And any TV is too much.

6. Dos Equis all the way. Coronas are for spring break wimps.

7. sleepytime

sleepytime

Nov 10, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Hey, that's my go-to cheap swill!

8. jaywa

jaywa

May 5, 2008
    Iowa City, IA
    Hey, I'm not that much of a snob. If someone buys me a Bud -- and it's cold -- I'll drink it. I try not to spend my own $$ on it though.

9. standupright

standupright

Jul 7, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    Brownchicken Browncow
    most mexicans around here don't even drink that nasty crap.

+1 on "Butt water"

10. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    Ahem! Sam Adams Cherry Wheat, Belgian Raspberry beers, etc etc. There's lot of good beers with a small taste of fruit.

11. beggar98

beggar98

Jan 23, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    I tend to think that anyone who decides what they're going to drink based on advertising, whether positive or negative, is going to be disappointed. If you like Corona, drink it. If you don't like Corona drink something else. And if you're so insecure in your manhood that a supposedly feminist beer commercial bothers you, drink Michelob Ultra. Save the beer for the rest of us.

12. standupright

standupright

Jul 7, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    Brownchicken Browncow
    crunk_puke.

13. sleepytime

sleepytime

Nov 10, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    What's Michelob Ultra?

14. knumbskull

knumbskull

Jul 28, 2007
    UK
    i avoid it because it is prohibitively expensive in bars and is served with fruit in it.

15. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    I consider myself a beer hobbyist. I like Corona.

16. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    Haha,...

McHaven, I think the raspberry beer you are refering to is Framboise and meh,...I just don't care for it. It's too sweet and it gives me a headache

I like my beer to taste like beer which equals the balance of malt and hops. Too much malt is too sweet and that gives me a headache. Too much hops is too bitter and,......gives me a headache.

17. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Man Law 66. NO FRUIT IN THE BEER - Damn it!
    Man Law 67. NO FRUITY BEER - Damn it!

18. Thor

Thor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

I like Corona in the summer. No fruit. Yeah, it does taste like
    Buttswatser but then again only the first one. After that I
    get over it.

I thought all the commercials were based on EricF's avatar
    anyway.

I used to drink Michelob when they pronounced it Meechalahb.
    Don't like the 'Ultra', tastes like they upped the water content
    and lowered the beer content.

19. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    +1000000000 Fruity beer is for fruits!!!

20. waleross

waleross

Nov 27, 2009
    South Florida
    Unfortunately, I can't drink or do anything anymore but when I did I loved Fosters(great commercials too) iced or warm. If the dude in the commercial was a real man he would have poured the beer on her when she looked at the studmuffin instead of just shaking it and then she won anyway:cool: