Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Corporate greed strikes again!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Hambone, Jan 11, 2003.

1. I just tried to login on one of my favorite musician search sites musician.com only to find that it has been totally wiped out and the name now puts you into the musiciansfriend.com website. It looks like the MF'ers (great acronym) bought up the link just to get more traffic - I guess.

Can't find the original musician.com anywhere.

2. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    they took marsmusic.com too :D

3. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    Coorporate greed, just one more reason that I'll spend a few (within reason) and try and support some of the smaller music stores in the Tampa Area.

4. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Hey, I tried to go to a musician based site that also took me to MF. Perfect initials indeed!

5. OnederTone

OnederTone Aguilar Everywhere Gold Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Thornton, CO
    I thought that Guitar Sinner coorprate has always owned MF as well as musician.com... they just disguised it well.

ek

6. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    you sir, are correct. GC and MF are the same company, I'm surprised that GC hasn't renamed themselves into Musician's Friend to appeal and attact more than "Geetar" players. Kind of like Boston Chicken changing into Boston Market

Mark

7. OnederTone

OnederTone Aguilar Everywhere Gold Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Thornton, CO
    :D I STILL call it Boston Chicken though! (we'll I usually call it Baaaasstan Chicken)

but my point was the Musician.com was owned by GC as well, the original poster was ticked that the Musician.com url resolved to MusiciansFriend.com

meet the new boss
    same as the old boss.

btw tuBass: were you the guy that left the Norm clinic early? (that is of course an invite to re: with a PM.)