Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Correct me if i am wrong

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Pantsman, Jun 16, 2005.

1. I have been doing some thinking, i will be getting alot more free cash, so i have been planning on buying my first decent amp!!! i have been checking out the behringer BA 115, i tried hartke's aluminum cones out in a cool stack in a different music store and like the attack and punch them shiny devils possess. I would also need an amp head, for cheap too but still want a decent loudness and tone, and later i would love to add a 210 in there. Basically what i am asking is, 1. Are the Behringers as good as i have heard (FOR THE PRICE!) and 2. Whats a good head to match with it, keeping in mind i would like to add a behringer 210 later.

thanks all

2. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Behringer is not for when you have a lot of free cash, it's for when you only have a little.

3. And, even then, only when you can afford to throw away what little you have. :D :D

4. T. Alan Smith

T. Alan Smith

Sep 9, 2001
    What HE said.
    What do you plan on using the amp for? Practice? Rehearsals? Gigging? Jamming?
    If you plan on playing with a live drummer(and not a hand drummer), I strongly recommend at least a couple hundred watts power. For a practice amp, get something as small as possible, yet has an inspriring sound.

5. gwreid

gwreid

Apr 8, 2005
    Utah
    Hey, read carefully people, Mr. Pantsman wrote "i will be getting alot more free cash" not "a lot of free cash" a subtle difference. If you've only had $10, $100 would be a lot more!!!

What I'd like to know is... Where do you go to get "free" cash? :hyper:

6. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    From Banks.

But if you do that, youll go to prison, which is nothing compared to where you'll go if you buy Behringer.

7. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Yeah, I'm with these other clowns. If you have a steady stream of a lot more free cash coming in, wait a little longer and get a real amp that you won't want (or have) to be replacing in three weeks.