Correct me if I'm wrong AMPEG

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rbonner, Sep 5, 2010.

1. rbonner

rbonner

Sep 25, 2008
    Now get this. I have a couple of my SVT-4PRO's out on eBay right now. A guy emailed and asked if it was an SLM or a Loud. I've had this amp a long time.

the serial number of it is ASKDK50024. I had never dated the amp as I didn't care. Its in perfect condition and plays great. It did need to go in for service out of warranty about a year ago.

Well I start dating the thing, and the K is 1998, wow that's old. and the 5 is May. The serial number is 0024 as far as I know, that's #24 in the run of the first 25 SVT-4PRO's ever made.

I'm sure Jerrold could confirm if that's correct.

But this thing has vitually no scratches and since repair is my practice amp in my living room...

BOB

2. svtb15

svtb15 Inactive

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin,TX - McKinney,TX - NY,NY, - Nashville,TN
    I play it all. Whatever works for the gig. Q+
    I wouldnt mind having one of those babys.. they do sound real nice with a familiar interface..
    What are you getting to replace it with..

3. svtb15

svtb15 Inactive

Mar 22, 2004
    Question can anyone explain how they get the Year.. such as, how does "K" relate to 1998?
    I have some older ampeg gear i would like to date ..

4. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    kirk, starting in 1988, slm used the 5th digit of the serial to designate the year made. so:

1988: A
    1989: B
    1990: C

etc.

here's an entire explanation of ampeg dating:

http://www.unofficialampeg.com/dating

unfortunately bob, the sequentiality of the serials is not addressed. i had always heard it was sequential only for that month, like yours might be the 24th made that month, but i could definitely be wrong. jerrold will have to make a ruling.

5. Jerrold Tiers

Jerrold Tiers

Nov 14, 2003
    St Louis
    The first ones were in "K3", according to my list. That would be March. Early, but not quite THAT early.

6. svtb15

svtb15 Inactive

Mar 22, 2004
    thank you jimmy

7. svtb15

svtb15 Inactive

Mar 22, 2004
    my SVT2 non=pro is march of 1989 then and my svt3 non-pro is from 1992 with #16 being the number.. so its an early one i guess.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 27, 2021