Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

CORRECT TAB SITES

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Warwick0239, Dec 4, 2002.

1. Does anyone know any tab sites that have good tabs? Im tired of wrong tabs. :(

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Tabs are all done by people online, people who come to the tab site and submit tabs. If they just pulled the tabs out of tab books and put them on the internet for free that would be "illegal". Basically, if your lucky, tab will give you the general idea of how to play a song.

3. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    If you're fed up of wrong tabs, work it out by ear. I generally don't trust transcriptions, I trust my ear. And it'll improve your aural abilities.

4. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    Warwick0239, you can use this forum to post a snippet of tab you've found and then your revised version for comment. If you get a number of replies agreeing that you've found and corrected a mistake, you can then contact the author of the original tab or the site where it was found and suggest an update.

But, as has already been mentioned, online tabs are notoriously hit or miss and they shouldn't be an excuse for not also learning to develop your ear skills.

Wulf

5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    errr... check this out

http://www.guitar-pro.com/

this program will play tabs in midi form so if they sound wrong... don't learn 'em, the tabs are at www.mysongbook.com but you need guitar pro first. If you don't want to buy it, I'm sure you'll figure something out *cough kazaa cough*

6. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ

its true...after i stopped using tabs and started uding my ear...i noticed how much easier it is to work it out in your head and just hear a note and u kno where to play it

bp13