1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Cort’s GB75JH Bass Guitar Blends Past and Present for Playability of the Future

Discussion in 'News & PR' started by TalkBass, Sep 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. TalkBass

TalkBass News Poster

Mar 12, 2004
    SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA (Sept. 18, 2017) - Balancing timeless design and modernized features, Cort introduces the GB75JH model of electric bass guitar. This new addition to the GB7 series meets 21st century demand by combining a proven body and bridge design with enhanced electronics, machine heads and more. Players will make a statement with a bass tone that lives up to this model’s bold esthetic.

The tone, feel and look of the GB75JH centers around its Swamp Ash body. As one of the most popular and widely used woods for solid-body electric basses, Swamp Ash is lightweight but offers a surprisingly tight and punchy sound with a strong high-midrange. Discriminating bassists will appreciate how the GB75JH’s strong, fundamental tone cuts through a mix. They’ll also be drawn to the natural beauty of Swamp Ash, with its distinctive grain patterns that are visible through the transparent finish and clear pickguard.

Beauty meets power with the GB75JH’s Canadian hard maple neck, which provides stability as well as a warm, beefy tone and reinforced upper midrange. It’s dense and rigid, yet it has just the right amount of tactile flexibility, allowing players to get a sensitive, articulate response from pick attacking and slapping techniques. Players will also find that the GB75JH’s ergonomic neck joint facilitates easy access to the upper register of the maple fingerboard, with dot inlays and 21 frets (47.5 mm scale). They’ll be able to solo away on the highest notes with comfort while reducing tendon stress and awkward positions. In addition, Hipshot Ultralite tuners significantly lighten the load on the neck for proper balance, whether the player is sitting down or standing
    up with a strap.

Of course, response is also determined by electronics, and the GB75JH is bound to please in this area. This model is equipped with two-band EQ with passive-active push-pull. The new Tone Bass Humbucker pickup provides both power and sensitivity for a variety of playing techniques, and an Alnico V magnet with 41AWG wire maintains rumbling power and clarity. The humbucker is paired with a VTB-ST single coil pickup to cover virtually any bass tonal spectrum. String vibration is critically managed by the solid-steel Omega Bridge, which is machined to the highest level of precision for the utmost in functionality as well as sonic integrity.

Get a closer look at the GB75JH’s specs and the GB Series by visiting Cort’s website.

Street price $899 USD

About Cort Guitars
    Cort designs, manufactures, and delivers some of the finest guitars and basses to musicians and music enthusiasts all around the world. Over the past 50 years, the company has worked with some of the largest and most well-recognized guitar companies in the industry, as well as artists of international recognition. Cort remains focused on providing instruments that will last generations with the best workmanship possible, the best materials and components, and the best service long after the instruments have been purchased. For more information, visit www.cortguitars.com.

GB75JH_Body2.

GB75JH_Pickup. GB75JH_Nut. GB75JH_NECK_Back. GB75JH_Neck. GB75JH_Head_Back. GB75JH_Head. GB75JH_EQ. GB75JH_Body2. GB75JH_Bridge. GB75JH_Backplate. GB75JH_Body. GB75JH. GB75JH-small.

2. yeah, that's pretty hot .....

ThePresident777 likes this.
  3. monsterthompson

monsterthompson The Eighth Note Wonder Of The World Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Hollywood
    That headstock is almost a deal breaker, and the logo is no prize, either. Otherwise, a nice looking bass.

4. howlin

howlin

Nov 15, 2008
    I'm Not There
    "(47.5 mm scale)"? Huh?

5. somegeezer

somegeezer

Oct 1, 2009
    England
    Yeah, that's nut width. Scale is 35".

Wfrance3 likes this.
  6. Yep. I'd rock that!

comatosedragon likes this.
  7. Woofer

Woofer

Sep 24, 2008
    OBX
    Yep, I dig it.

8. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........... I'll take the 4 string ver :thumbsup:

9. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

All that, huh?

Wow! Is somebody getting paid by the word?

They lost me when they started with the "tonewood" marketing nonsense.

I'll pass on the Kool-Aid, thanks.

Herrick, tedious1 and Zos Kia Cultus like this.
  10. emblymouse

emblymouse Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    Lakland Artist Endorser
    Parts is parts. Who knows, this could be better than the sales pitch. And if you are over 23 they aren't marketing to you anyway.

ColdEye and monsterthompson like this.
  11. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2003
    Nice, I'm digging it like an old soul record.

12. FugaziBomb

FugaziBomb

Jun 5, 2017
    I'd be a buyer for a better price. Schecter makes a similar bass (Stiletto Vintage-4) that is a real player and is a couple hundred dollars cheaper... ($550 for mine new).

13. Yeah, everything looks great and then we get to see that headstock. Kinda reminds me of the "hockey stick" (unshaped) headstocks on those $100, unfinished, Chinese kits...

Otherwise, I think I'd be in.

monsterthompson likes this.
  14. Actually fancy'ing 1... 35 inch scale, 5 string jazz bass model. If the humbucker is splittable, I might even get rid of 1 of my other basses to fund one.

15. David J Hawk

David J Hawk

Sep 27, 2017
    It looks like a nice bass but I would never buy one. The reason being that I remember the Corts of the 80's and every single one I ever picked up was a cheap piece of trash. It was even a joke around the local music scene that if you heard a bass player with horrible tone, buzzing frets and uneven sound that "it sounds like he must be playing a Cort" and "its a Cort" was usually said with disgust. I know they have changed hands since then and I may be biased but I could never bring myself to part with my hard earned frog-pelts to put a Cort in my stable.

16. JCW308

JCW308 Supporting Member

Mar 28, 2000
    Pennsylvania
    I'll take the 4-string version with an updated Cort logo. Love the headstock!

17. FingerDub

FingerDub

Jan 8, 2016
    Do you realize that the very well regarded Lakeland Skylines are made there?

Formulating your opinion about Cort today based on opinions from the 80s is rediculous. You seem to be in the snobbery camp.

/\/\3phist0 and ColdEye like this.
  18. JCW308

JCW308 Supporting Member

Mar 28, 2000
    Pennsylvania
    I knew that headstock shape looked kind-of familiar!

19. gjohnson441496

gjohnson441496

Dec 14, 2014
    Our wine list today, sir, features a rather tannic Bordeaux from a well established vineyard in the hidden regions of France. It has the fragrance of puffed wheat twice burnt in a microwave, and a finish that will linger well after you are dead, and bla bla blabla bla and so on and so forth you see bla bla bla....

20. really nice looking in my opinion. Only thing is I'd rather see a P pickup instead of a J.