1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Cort A5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassman123, Jul 1, 2003.

1. bassman123

bassman123

Jun 29, 2003
    australia
    Has any one had anything to do with the Cort basses. My wife plays a cort gtr and it is wellll
    not the best.:bassist:

2. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    It is probably one of the better corts, IMO the Cort 3535 is a worthy investment. The Curbows are a cool little bass aswell ;)

Were you thinking of getting one or just wanted to know a bit about them?

3. bodhan

bodhan

Nov 19, 2002
    Brazil
    I would like share what happened to me: First, I am a amateur musician from Brazil, playing Brazilian, jazz music in a band.
    I have a custom handmade fretless JazzBass copy wich I love.
    Recently I got envolved in a new "big band" project with a kind of new repertoire for me. Well, I'm not a experienced bass player, and I use to memorize all the songs just to make things more easy between me and my fretless (!). But there were too many songs to memorize, so I decided to read all the songs for the next presentation, and to do this I decided to buy a new fretted bass. I talked to a lot of people, musicians, teachers, salesman, and tested as many instruments as I can or avaiable. Then I decided for a Cort NA5. Good bang for the buck: five strings thru neck, figured maple body, wenge and maple neck and rosewood fingerboard. Also with Bartolini pickups and preamp. Sound is excellent ! That's the theory ... Then I started to use this bass on the reherseals ... I tried different eqs, strings and amps, but this so "nice" bass doesn't cut into the band, also I can't swing with this very very heavy weight truck ! Remmember, I am from Brazil, so I play latin music ! After 3 months of frustrated attempts, I went to the store and exchanged this Cort for a MIM new Fender JazzBass. Well, now I can see the brigh side of fretted bass ! This bass not just sounds good too, but it has a very particular sound and feel , and I CAN play and swing with this, it's like a part of my body, now I understand why Jazz Bass is so used all around the world, its perfect ! Also I discovered that 5 strings is not good for me, I don't like the B string sound, and just make the instrument bigger.
    Conclusion: Always test an instrument in a real situation. Fender JazzBass is cool!
    Thank you all, and sorry for some english mistakes.