Cort Action Bass .. Is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jonahly, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Jonahly

Jonahly

May 11, 2019
    Checking out a Cort Action Bass, PJ config., that a local fella posted and he said he'd sell it for 90.

If it works nice, I may keep it but am more likely to clean it up and turn it around!

Granted something isn't YowzA, is it worth it? Also, any information about these basses is much appreciated. I assume they're $200 or under new.

Screenshot_20200715-223709_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20200715-223711_Facebook.jpg

Eli_Kyiv, B-Mac and mikewalker like this.
  2. abarson

abarson

Nov 6, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    $90?! I'd pounce!

3. mikewalker

mikewalker Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2017
    Canada, Eh!
    Yeah, totally worth it! 24 frets, REVERSE-P? :)

And I've seen nothing but awesomeness coming out of the Indonesian factories lately...

Reedt2000 likes this.
  4. Jonahly

Jonahly

May 11, 2019
    If I'm reading the serial right, August 2002!
    Still GOOOD Cort?

5. Absolutely! That was my first new bass purchase. I only got rid of it because I had moved primarily to five string, but in hindsight, I wish I still had it because I'd love to have P/J bass again.

Very comfortable to play...great sound, lightweight and they look pretty cool too. Grab it

BnB

6. Jonahly

Jonahly

May 11, 2019
    Now if y'all have any info related to the bass?

7. B-Mac

B-Mac Just like Aretha Sang... R-E-S-P-E-C-T Supporting Member

For $90 this should have been a NBD thread. :)

pcake, Clark W, Mvilmany and 8 others like this.
  8. Jonahly

Jonahly

May 11, 2019
    NBD ??

9. B-Mac

B-Mac Just like Aretha Sang... R-E-S-P-E-C-T Supporting Member

New Bass Day. :)

TB jargon.

10. Jonahly

Jonahly

May 11, 2019
    True!! It's totally possible that I will keep the bass. The intention is to make it nice so someone can make music on it!

I had posted an acoustic Fender a couple weeks ago, sold it yesterday for same price, lot better condition. Dude was happy!

11. Eli_Kyiv

Eli_Kyiv

Apr 7, 2020
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Absolutely! I played Cort Action PJ (only a black one, made ca. 2010) for almost 10 years. Good ergonomics and playability, looks and sound aren't bad too. Sold it for $120 to buy Ibanez BTB, still kinda miss it.
    P.S. Maybe the neck of mine was a little narrower... or is it lens or something?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
  12. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2020
    Austin, TX
    Absolutely worth it. Grab it. As long as the neck isn't abused that is a great deal.

13. JoshS

JoshS

Dec 30, 2018
    Colorado
    Is there a Cort serial database somewhere or is that an assumption?
    Curious as I have an older Cort, and not positive if I could interpret the same way.

14. Jonahly

Jonahly

May 11, 2019
    There is a way to identify. I remembered seeing if it starts with 00 then it's 2000s

JoshS likes this.
  15. Joecooch

Joecooch Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Alabama, USA
    I bought a new one for my sons b'day a number of years ago. They sell for around $230 new now a days. Well made. Decent sound. It's a great beginner instrument. Equal to a Squire Affinity series. Can't go wrong for under $100.

16. I think I would be mad if you didnt jump on that right away!

17. Bass V

Bass V

Dec 11, 2008
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    flipping sux, leave it for someone who'll actually play and keep it

alaskaleftybass likes this.
  18. JoshS

JoshS

Dec 30, 2018
    Colorado
    Mine is 6054020. I bought it in the mid 1990s, and likely 1996. Fair to say May, 1996?

19. emoterply

emoterply Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    Aurora, CO
    For the price, that sounds awesome. I have been going to the Lafayette Arcadian festival for the past few years. It’s a free festival in Lafayette. The top band bass player there plays a Cort! You cannot go wrong for the price...

20. BAG

BAG

May 5, 2014
    New Zealand
    If you intend to buy it just to flip it you'll be lucky to make $20-40 and even then you'd need to sell locally as any freight charges will kill just about any sale at that price point.

If that's the case leave it so some young kid gets a very decent bass for very little money.

Clark W and Eli_Kyiv like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021